Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2003 9:04:26 PM EDT
I have pretty much ruled out the bmas(it's ugly). I know about the ras II, the ff ras, kac ris, and the c-more quad rail. i have read posts and most of you agree that the best railed forends are the knights, but i'm favoring the c-more. The knight's ff ras would be worth the extra $$ if i was able to install it myself.(is it 2 piece?) The ras II is cool but i dislike the way it attaches to the upper.I see no need for the hump 'cause all i want is an EOTech. I like the flush indexing of the c-more and the ff ras. thanks for the input.
ps where can i get an ff ras?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's where I go for all of my forend/optics type questions:

[url]www.mstn.biz[/url]

Wes is great to deal with.  Very knowledgable about the different options available.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the Sirs system?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Crap i got it backwards.First post and allready lookin' like an ass. All i ment is that i know OF the sir, but i forgot to mention that i have a permanitly attached ak brake.(yea i know, i regret getting it)I think that the ras II is my only choice now 'cause muzzle attachments need to come off for instalation of other ffloaters. Does anyone have feedback on the ras II?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
The SIR - C's were the first to allow you to have a free float set up without having to take a barrel nut, delta ring, or muzzle off.
If you go with a SIR M then you still only need to cut off the alum delta ring with a dremel tool, abot as easy as it gets.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If you dont like the AK brake why dont you send the upper to KKF in the indusrty forum and have one of his A2 flash hider look a like brakes installed and have him install the FF RAS while he is at it?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a Cmore, I haven't had any problems at all with it. The rails are 1913, all A.R.M.S. products lock up tight. I finished it in OD Aluma-Hyde II.

Mark

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=56425&c=548&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056425.JPG[/img][/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
AWESOME setup Mark! It looks very similar to the setup that i want. Thanks for the pic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
RASII or SIR.......both will raise your upper rail height over the reciever though so an EOTECH would need to be mounted over the bbl.

My personal favorite is the FF RAS!  No rail height issues!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the Knight's forends tougher than all others?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#10]
No the SIR is just as tough.  The key to me is that the KAC Rail panels dont snap into other manufacturers rails and they are SOOOOO much more comfortable than any other forearm or rail cover out there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:11:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the SIR.  You can now get a bi level SIR system that has a lower section for using an EOtech sight (lets you co-witness through the iron sights on the weapon)
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the SIRs were a Knight's product.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]
How loud is KKF's fake flash suppresor muzzel brake? the noise is what i dislike most about my ak brake, oh yea, and the fact that i only get velocity of a 14.5 inch barrel in a 16 inch package, but that's another post.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#14]
The various SIR forearms are ARMS products and the various RAS products are Knights.

The KKF brake is supposed ot be one of the quietest conventional brakes.  I twill be more quiet than your AK brake.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top