Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 5:32:06 PM EDT
what is this MOA stuff,     what dose the MOA stand for?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It's how little Danish children say "mommy".

Well, it's true dammit.

But around gun folks it means "Minute of Angle".

For [s]a good[/s] more of an explanation that you'll ever need go here:

[url]http://riflestocks.tripod.com/moa.html[/url]

Basically if a gun shoots 3 inch groups at 100 yards, it is shooting 3MOA.  3MOA at 50 yards would be a grouping of 1.5 inches.
A 3 inch group at 300 yards would be 1MOA!  As would a .5 inch group at 50 yards.

A scope that says "1 clik=1/4 MOA" is meaning that if you turn that scope knob 1 click it will move the Point of Impact (POI) by a quarter inch at 100 yards, or by an eighth of an inch at 50 yards, or a half inch at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I know the answer.....

4 MOA?

At least that is what I think it is.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Minute Of Angle.  It is 1" at 100 yards, or 2" at 200 yards, or 1/2" at 50 yards, etc, etc and such and what not and so forth!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think I know the answer.....

4 MOA?

At least that is what I think it is.
View Quote

Dangit! you read the tutorial before I edited it out--it sounded a little condescending. Heck, I forgot what the problem was...12" spread at 300 yards? That would be 4 MOA.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top