Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2003 4:21:46 PM EDT
I've been seeing a lot of threads about feed ramps lately and I have no idea what they are or what they do. I'd be happy if someone could educate me on this, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
they are supposed to help chamber rounds more reliably

who knows if it works

its an "extended feed ramp" from the base of the chamber if you have an AR to look at.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I don't have an AR too look at but I have seen the pics that Troy posted for a refrence.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ahh, yes

those pics were the first things that went through my mind making this post.. "hope troy can post those pics to clearify this"

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=159623&w=searchPop]Look here[/url]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL, well the pics told me what they looked like and where they are (Roughly) but not what they did.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The simple answer: more reliable feeding of the ammo from the magazine to the camber.

Ray
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When you chamber a round, the bolt contacts the rear of the top round in the magazine and pushes it forward.  The nose of the bullet will come in contact with the feed ramp, then it will "ride" up the ramp, guiding the round into the chamber.  The extended feed ramps help if the rounds in the magazine aren't pushed all the way to the top, and would otherwise miss the standard feedramps, causing a stoppage.

-Troy
View Quote

Ahhhhhh, I see. Thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top