Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2003 3:55:04 PM EDT
I've been looking at "muzzle brakes", "Compensators", or whatever you want to call them. I want one that looks like the A2 on M16 that I can "legally" put on my post-ban AR-15.

Some of the top ones I've found are from:
EGW $60
KKF $45
Wilson $34.95
Cav-Arms $25

The EGW one (link) looks the best. My local gun shop, Vance's, uses them because they are the closest to the real thing. They will install it for $45.

Does $45 sound fair? Can't I thread the barrel myself? Everyone is doing it on the AK themselves. Anyone else dealt with EGW or have their muzzle brake? I just seen another thread about accuracy, I though this was supposed to help, not hurt it.

One more thing, it really pisses me off that I have to pay around $100 to get an imitation of a $5 flash suppresser that should have came on my rifle when I bought it. I'm sick of following STUPID laws. Like some park ranger or cop is going to be able to look at my rifle and tell if what is on the muzzle is legal or not. I highly doubt it. Sorry, rant off now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top