Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2003 9:12:23 AM EDT
Friend just bought one brand new. Very frustrating issue with the bolt not opening all the way, either with rounds remaining in the mag (occasionally) or with no rounds left. Right now it seems to be stuck such that racking the action only brings the bolt halfway back. He was shooting Wolf ammo FWIW. Does this sound familiar? Sorry in advance for the n00b question...I don't know squat about AR's, I just told him I would check around. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
p229s welcome to ar15.com!

Ok I`m not an expert on AR`s either and I haven`t fired the Bushmaster Bullpup. But I can say this (and this is just my opinion), Wolf ammo in anything other than Ak`s or com-bloc guns don`t work all that good. Steel ammo is harded on the gun`s working parts like the extractor.

I would try using a different kind of ammo before you take the gun back to the dealer. Try using Winchester Q3131A, PMP, American Eagle or PMC. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one no problems in 4000 rounds trigger is nasty sights are unuseable [had to put a hako red dot on it ] but this bitch is dead reliable and damn accurate.take it apart remove upper from lower by removeing the pins you should have the book if it's new .when you disasemble it you will see the problem right away it is a very simple action ,maybe debris or wolf shit jaming it .good luck it's still under warentee at least .when you clear it try USGI mags and good ammo FED/LC xm193 or WIN Q3131a .
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the welcome! I will pass yall's ammo suggestions on to him and post something again once he has figured out some resolution.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
don't know anything about the M17, but welcome [:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top