Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 3:56:58 PM EDT

I have been reading posts on this site for about a year.I rarely respond but troll for useful info.The members- some, are quite knowledgeable. I have 4 black rifles.
Pre- ban colt sporter 11  20 in /1 in 7
Pre ban essential arms 16 in / 1in 9
DPMS Classis bull 20 in./ 1in8
Bushy xm-15-e2s- 1in9 /purchased 9/01
Wanna guess what is the most accurate. The Bushmaster.With the ak brake it only has a 14.5 inch barrel. Its hard to believe but its on paper. It shoots wolf ammo better then the dpms bull does with hornady TAP. All the hype you guys give Bushmaster is True. Thanks for peaking my interest in such a fine product. Why doesnt dpms have a warranty:)As for the guys that think you bushy lovers have a never ending diatribe-f--- off!  Linetech1
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

)As for the guys that think you bushy lovers have a never ending diatribe-f--- off!  Linetech1
View Quote

Thank you for rarely posting.

All your base are belong to us!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

)As for the guys that think you bushy lovers have a never ending diatribe-f--- off!  Linetech1
View Quote

Thank you for rarely posting.

All your base are belong to us!
View Quote

LMAO [:D]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Short barrels do not mean less accuracy, all other things being equal.  Short barrels tend to be stiffer and whip less, increasing accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Mike,

I think your pet is asking to come in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Short barrels do not mean less accuracy, all other things being equal.  Short barrels tend to be stiffer and whip less, increasing accuracy.
View Quote

Yep, just less effective range.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#6]
223Rem, that picture is posted in our office with "Burger, Fries, and a Coke" at the bottom.  There was one of our radar stations that the damn polar bear DID come in, through the window, and nearly mauled a guy to death.  I worked at that station for 5 years - the mechanic would not let me open that repaired window, said it was bad mojo to do so.

Besides the reduced effective range, I imagine bullet stability might be possibly effected to less time being spun and propellant burn/pressure curve would be different, but that's starting to nit pick.

So linetech1, what kind of accuracy were you able to wring out of the Bushy?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top