Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2003 11:55:40 PM EDT
Does anyone sell lower parts kits without the pistol grip and screw. I need a lower parts kit, but already have an extra grip.
edited to specify lower parts kit
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
None as far as I know, but you aren't going to be saving a whole lot if you could, probably only $5 or $10...
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, [url=www.olyarms.com]Olympic Arms[/url] does but like AK_Mike said, it will only save you $6.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It isn't the money.

Yeah right, I'm a tight-wad, penny pinching bargain hunter. [:D] Of course it the money. I was raised by very thrifty (read: cheap) grandparents who showed me how to strech a doolar. I don't expect to save a lot of money. I just don't see the need to pay extra money (in any amount) for something that I already have, and haven't used in years. That's $6 towards the $84 RRA lower I'm going to buy. [:D]

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I can appreciate that attitude, az-gunner, after all that's money that could be used elsewhere.

I personally ended up with a BAG full of spare grips, but I just sold them off.  Problem is, at $5/grip, minus shipping, there is not a whole lot of return.

Rather than determine who's kit you are going to use based on grip option, you may just want to sell the spare grip off.  The price difference between kits from different mfg's is usually a LOT more than $6.

Rock on! (and don't forget pictures after you get it built)
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#5]
m&a sells lower parts kits w/o grip but i dont think they sell complete kits minus the grip.

ive got a couple of spare grips too but like mike said its not really worth it to sell because of shipping.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently bought an ASA lower parts kit on fleabay sealed in the bag with no grip.
(I don't know about a complete kit)
I already had a spare.

Steve
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I edited the initial post to specify a lower parts kit. I was sooooo focused on saving my $6, that I over looked the availability of a rife parts kit. I went through my misc parts bag today, and found that I have a few of the parts I need. I may just buy the missing components. Of course, I'll compile a parts and price list. Then I'll compare it to the price of a lower parts kit, to determine true value/savings. Man, I need a supplemental income. Then maybe I won't be so cheap.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]
dont bother trying to pick and choose somponents of a low parts kit it'll come out WAY  more expensive.  ive already thought about that one.

just accept the fact that you have lots of "spare" parts should something go wrong.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top