Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 5:27:43 PM EDT
Why does the a-2 stock/buffer tube extension rattle in colt rifles. the stock or butt plate does not meet it. Others fit and are quiet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine don't rattle...

Are you sure the spacer is in there?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:55:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The spacer, that length adapter which extends the tube length for A-2 stocks, is what rattles. It seems that the stock or buttplate combination is longer yet than the tube with spacer causing the spacer to float and therefore rattle. Same on both my factory 6601's.   Also, the buttplate door rattles. No one else seeing this on colts?

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My Colt Stock (off my 6601) Rattles now too. However, it did NOT rattle before I removed it to switch to my CAR stock. Only AFTER I put the fixed stock back on. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know please. I am almost at the pont where I am just going to replace the whole damn thing with a bushmaster assembly. Maybe I will just go piece by piece buffer tube, spacer, screw,....see if that works then the stock. The rattle drives me nutz though.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top