Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2003 1:58:06 PM EDT
I have ordered a rram4a3,,,typically known as their tactical entry model, I have owned a bushmaster m4a3 for some time now( and have to say I love it!!).  Anyway, has anyone ever done a comparo of these two back to back,,, if so,,, post your views here,,, would be interested in feedback,,, if not,,, will have the rifle in about a week, and plan to do a comparo then on the weekend,,, as far as subjects like fit, finish, cold bore accuracy, hot bore accuracy, different ammo brands and types, with variables listed like temp, heat, and humidity.....

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered it on monday,,, they say they are running behind right now,,, expect it in about two more weeks,,, give or take a few days,,, stay tuned!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
You better do a fair and unbiased evaluation and declare the Bushmaster the winner or you'll be on thin ice around here, mister! [;)]

[size=6][b]GO BUSHMASTER[/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have close.  I have the tactical entry that you ordered, and a 16" Busy carbine (modular carbine, or whatever they call it).  

Fit and finish on both of mine are very similar, as is the accuracy.  I haven't actually done any long range work, but plan too soon.  Mostly my son and I burn ammo and kill coke cans, 2 liter bottles, or anything that is stupid enough to sit still down range.  Both guns will WAY out shoot me.

Stocks......RRA has the stubby stock.  My 8 yr old loves it, I don't care for it.  Not knocking the rifle, I knew that when I ordered it, as I knew it would fit him better.  It would be good with body armor, but, alas, large animal vets don't need much of that (wouldn't stop a bull anyhow, I'd just be a flat dead guy in body armor).  Anyhow, the Bushy has a full sized ACE butstock.  I really like that one better, but I'm a good sized guy.

Trigger.......Much nicer on the RRA.  Of course I did order the NM trigger.  The Bushy is not bad, just typical military trigger, slt long uptake, and (guess) 6-7lb pull.  RRA has very light first stage, and breaks at 3-4lb.  In all fairness, it ain't that big of a deal to get a NM trigger installed on the Bushy.

Both have chrome bore and I got the press on fake flash supressor on the RRA, so no advantage either way, except for looks.

Anyway, hope this didn't waste your time.  My take on it so far.  Both have digested whatever I have fed them, Wolfe, Remington, Winchester, SA surplus.  Both have worked well with surplus USGI mags, Bushmaster mags, one 10rd colt mag, or the CMMG Isreal Defense mags.  Probably have only run about 2-300 rds thru each though, so may find more later.

FWIW
Doc
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
honestly, I love my bushy m4a3,,, so it would take a hell of alot to take my love away from it,,,,lol,,,
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I honestly thihnk it comes down to personal preference. From reading this board extensively, I have heard nothing but good things about either rifle. Bushmaster has developed a loyal following, and is able to charge a little more for their rifle. RRA (I have two) is a little cheaper, and has the option of the "fake" supressor on their M4 and the Wilson brake ($35) on their other models. That, and the NM trigger is what sold me on the RRA. Both (M4 and 20" A4) have been flawlessly reliable.

Edited to add: Here is my recent post with pictures about the RRA M4. It'll give you an idea about how the pressed-on supressor looks: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=171236[/url]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both: Bushmaster M4A3 with Y-Comp, Aimpoint Comp/raigrabber/ARMS #40 buis, Surefire 660/AAC vert grip/rail and Plain jane just built RRA M4A3 Entry Tac chrome lined with A3 carry handle and faux suppressor.

I like 'em both. About 11,000 rounds thru the Bushy and it is very reliable. Put about 300 rounds last weekend thru the RRA M4A3.

The Bushy ran reliable as usually and is quite the bit more accurate than my RRA, probably due to the bbl being broken in, the Aimpoint and a large portion goes to the Y Comp brake drastically reducing muzzle rise and recoil to almost non-existant. Fit and finish on my bushy is excellent however there are slight tool marks(which i consider birth marks anyways) I get standard repeatable groups of 1-2 inches at 50 yards with M193 spec ammo.

The RRA Entry Tac M4A3 ran flawlessy with 300 rounds of M193. The muzzle rise/recoil is quite a bit more noticeable due to the lack of brake(used to the Y-Comp my 20" has one too) yet it's a lot quieter. it was a bitch zeroing in but when done was grouping at 1-3 inches at 50 yards(Barrel still needs more breaking in). Fit and finish are excellent on the RRA with no tool marks and great detail to attention. The fit is very tight but fits great after closing/opening pinning/unpinning a few times. The stock 2 stage mil trigger is VERY crisp and alot better than my Bushy.I swapped the stock with a pinned M4 stock. I plan on tricking this one out as well.

I would say either choice you can't go wrong. Just out of personal pref. I still like my Bushy better, however I love em both. My 3rd M4 project WILL be another RRA which I will leave in the standard configuration.

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]
So the fake hiders/brakes from RRA aren't loud and annoying like some other makes?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So the fake hiders/brakes from RRA aren't loud and annoying like some other makes?
View Quote

Nope, they are definetly quieter(basically a plain barrel with Faux suppressor) but muzzle rise/recoil is the tradeoff. I have heard the Wilson brakes are quiter yet not as effective as the Y-Comp.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]
The fake flash hider from RRA is pressed over the barrel so the barrel runs all the way to the front of the flash hider.  Its just a cosmetic peice.  If you want something to actually fit on the end get a KKF fake flash hider and you will get an effectice compensator / brake with less noise than other brakes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top