Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2003 2:22:50 PM EDT
 What is the pros and cons of these other than weight or what you can hook to them.
 What would be the best diameter of a barrel and does it being cut down under the hand gard hurt it? Is the H bar the best one ?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
ya really gotta ask yourself what is the primary function of this AR goin to be? If it is CQB then ya want the lightest shortest AR ya can get, if ya are Varmint huntin, then a HB 20" would be the way to go.

I have a Franken-AR with a Bushy Superlight barrel, it is pencil thin all the way back. it is light and nimble , but it heats up pretty darn quickly , like 30rounds of rapid fire and it can get hot enough for ya not to touch it. As far as accuracy, if i can hit a pie plate at 100yards in happy, im not a competition shooter and dont care if all the holes touch, if i can hit my target im happy.

The superlight barrel is fine, but im not that happy with it, so im having a custom barrel made that will be Fat under the handguards (mid-lenght) and then pencil thin coming out. ill see how that works out. lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The M4 can handle more heat than a super light but is lighter than a HBAR.  The fluted HBAR handles more heat than an M4 but is heavier.  I used to own an HBAR and wont own another.  Its dead weight.  I currently own an M4.  I might purchase a lightweight barrel in the future for a trunk gun/CQB rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top