Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 9:56:53 PM EDT

I am buying a new match rifle upper for CMP/DCM competition. Does anyone know if the current CMP regulations allow the A4 style flat top upper (with detachable carry handle attached)for Service Rifle Nationals? I have scoured the rule book, and it only says "military style sights" and "current military rifles permitted" but is somewhat vague in this area, concerning commercial AR15s. I have tried calling them, but no answer yet, and I am buying this weekend.

I will have to get an A2 match upper to be safe if I can't get a ruling. Any knowledgable input is appreciated!

Thanks!

DR
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The flattops are not current legal for CMP competition or NRA Service Rifle (OK for NRA Match Rifle).  I keep hoping this will change, but for now you need an A2 uppper to qualify for Service Rifle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Same here. I have the RRA CMP flattop version and waiting for "them" to change the rules, but so far only the A2 version is allowed.

BR
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]

A2 upper it is, then. Thanks for everyones input!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top