Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 2:37:41 PM EDT
I just got a new stainless 24" varmint AR and the gas block does not have pins from the side but it has 2 set screws on the bottom is that how you would remove it.Also the handguard is two peice can i just unscrew the handguard and the barrel nut will stay on the upper the and is it right or left hand threads.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
yes you are correct, the two set screws hold the gas block in place.

Hand gaurd: If it is a free float type; will be threaded to the barrel nut about 1.5 inches in front of the upper, the barrel nut should be torqued up to spec and should not come off by hand, the foward section of the hand gaurd should unscrew from it leaving the barrel nut behind, on all I have seen it is a right hand thread, if it is a factory build, it may be tight so go easy so as not to mark your rifle's finish.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top