Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2003 1:49:11 PM EDT
Are there any special precautions I should use with this? I've been pretty careful with it since I got it to make sure everything fits in properly before shooting. I've heard that my barrel is going to lead up badly from the lead bullets, but in all of my regular rimfire rifles, running a boresnake through is all I really need to clean the bore. Is there any problem with lead in the gas system?

Also, fortunately the first time I went to shoot it, I was wearing safety glasses. It really sprays stuff out the back pretty bad. Is that a common thing with these?

Edited to add that I'm using it in a chrome lined M4 barrel.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read a few .223 rounds will clear your gas tube of crud from the .22 rimfire. I don't have a .22 upper, but it is what I've heard on these forums.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Ceiner conversion for my BM XM15, and it works like a charm.  I use only the plated 22LR bullets, and run a few .223 fmj's every couple of hundred rounds of 22LR.  I have had no issues with gas problems, and have had no debris ejected rearward.  The only issue that I have had is making sure to clean the forward part of the .223 chamber, as my neck sized varmint ammo would not fully seat.  No prob. with factory FMJ's.  I would just suggest shooting decent 22LR ammo, not the cheapest, dirtiest that you can find.  Even premium 22LR is cheap, by comparison, and a whole lotta fun.

Craig
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tips guys, exactly what I wanted to know.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top