Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 3:30:06 AM EDT
I have read some opinions on the Jewell trigger and everyone seemd to like them. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the JP trigger. Is the Jewell worth the extra money. I will be putting the trigger in my varmint rifle. Thanks. eagle308us
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:00:58 AM EDT
[#1]
While I have the Jewell 2-stage and love it, the JP is a good trigger too and as most have but one "varmint" AR, few have both triggers to compare. I have shot the JP single stage on friends rifle and it is sweet, smooth and crisp w/ clean break, not unlike the Jewell.

Suspect either will fill the bill for "trigger on a varmint rifle".

Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed the JP fire control pkg. on my varmint AR. The primary reason is that I was used to shooting bolt rifles and with the JP being a single stage trigger, there was no transition to the military style 2 stage. I will commend JP on their installation instructions and they even provide a video CD to walk you thru the process. I ended up with a very clean 2.5lb trigger. Best improvement I have made to date. The Jewell is just as good if you prefer a 2 stage trigger.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know about Jewell, but I have the JP in my AR and it's great!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The Jewell is a great trigger. But for the money, I am really pleased with my JP. Mine is used for varminting too. It may require a little fitting-but nothing too hard. I love mine and totally recommend them. Best thing I did for accuracy shooting my AR.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had JP triggers in two of my AR's for about five years and I've shot the living crap out of them. I know there is a legitimate concern about adjustment screws working loose but, it ain't happended to me yet (5.364 bazillion rounds).

Luck,

SD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top