Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2003 1:26:57 AM EDT
I am thinking of adding an AK muzzlebrake to my postban Bushy.  I am trying to find a solution to reduce the huge muzzle flash in lowlight/night conditions because it obscures my front sight and is hard to do rapid followup firing (not to mention the those circles that flash in my eyes).  Will a muzzlebrake reduce any of the flash?  I realize a flash suppressor would work better, but again it's a postban gun.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
As postban is not FS legal, MB is your only option. I owned a XM15E2 w/ AK brake at one time and while they work well IMO as a MB the sound is deafening.........

huh, what'd ya say????
Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a BM Shorty AK as well. I think the AK break is one of the better breaks out there. It deflect the blast directly to the sides instead of up into the line of sight.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]
My Wife has one on her AR. Works great, but it is louder then hell!!! [8D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
i must admit i like the way the akmuzzel break looks
john
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
NO it will not reduce your flash - if it did it would be considered a Flash Supressor and not be legal for post-ban use.

Some Muzzle Brakes will break up the flash into smaller chunks and keep your sight picture clean.  Overall light/flash output is the same as the bare muzzle - you're just not getting a single huge ball of flame.

The AK brakes works ok for breakup & keeping the sight picture clear.  I prefer my KKF A3 TacBrake (in addition to breaking up the ball it looks better and is shorter).

Your best bet - if you want to reduce flash - is to use ammo with decent flash supressors in it.  Black Hills ammo is good for this.  You'll find the 68gr is cost effective ($16/50 rounds), very accurate, more effective than M193, and has minimal flash.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The JP "Bennie Cooley Comp" works very well.  It eliminates the recoil impulse, basically.  Damn loud.

-z
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#7]
AK brake makes a hughe fire, don't do it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife has one and its loud as hell.  I may replace it with a KKF A3 TacBrake or a KKF A3 flash suppressor if the AWB isn't replaced.
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/060336.JPG[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top