Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 3:13:29 PM EDT
Im looking for a good set of target sights to fit onto a flattop.  However, im wondering if anyone makes a detachable set of target sights.  Id like a globe front sight with different appetures, and id like a good target peep sight for the rear, also detachable.  Im sure someone makes them, i just cant seem to find anyone.  Im looking for basically the set up that the national match target les bear comes with but only in a detachable version.  Thanks in advance for your help guys and gals.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for a detachable match BUIS, or something to slap on your detachable carry handle?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Im looking for something to put on top of a full flat-top long range 308 from DPMS.  Id like to get a scope with removable rings for longer shots, and then a set of good peep sights and a nice front globe for informal target shooting and other tatical uses.  Im not looking for a battle sight or even the standard post, im looking for something a little nicer, but i would like to have them be detachable so that i can use either the open sights or change to the scope.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im looking for something to put on top of a full flat-top long range 308 from DPMS.  Id like to get a scope with removable rings for longer shots, and then a set of good peep sights and a nice front globe for informal target shooting and other tactical uses.  Im not looking for a battle sight or even the standard post, im looking for something a little nicer, but i would like to have them be detachable so that i can use either the open sights or change to the scope.
View Quote

Match sights don't work like that. They're very delicate, and not meant to be taken on and off. If you want something that'll go on and off, I'd stick with the tactical stuff. They're meant to come and go, and will be rugged enough to handle it. The only other alternative is to get a separate upper, with the sights you want.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top