Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 8:57:39 AM EDT
I inherited this obscure rifle and was wondering if anyone had any info whatsoever?  A google search turned up nothing.  It has the triangular handguards.  Looks like an A1.  A1 sights and no brass deflector.  I am curious if it is milspec and if it has parts interchangability with the other manufacturers?  Any info would be appreciated, thank you.

Ogrebait
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The upper sounds early AR\A1. What does the lower look like?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The lower looks almost exactly like my Bushy lower.  All the pins appear to be in the same place.  The magwell is a little more squared off.  It reads CAL. .223, MODEL ER15, and it has a 3 digit serial no.  It also reads SANTA CLARA, CALIF. U.S.A. underneath the company name.  There is no logo of any.  The handguards, buttstock, and grip appear to look a little more plastic than later model ARs.

I can't find any info on this rifle anywhere on the internet yet.

Ogrebait
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure that the markings are ER-15 and not FR-15?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#5]
No, it definitely reads ER15.

Ogrebait
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordnance Design Company was one of several Companies that made AR's in CA in the early to mid 1980's. They were located in Santa Clara,CA.

H&H enterprises in Redwood City made AR10's and some custom built AR's....mostly XM177 style.

Waynes's gun shop built 100's of AR's using PWA and Olympic lowers.

There was also a firm in Aptos that made 20 or so XM177 pistols with the stock welded shut.

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replys.  I think I will just order some parts from Bushmaster and see if they are compatible.

Ogrebait
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top