Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2003 3:55:24 AM EDT
I had my rifle out of the safe the other day and was looking thru the Aimpoint while sweeping across my bedroom window. I noticed that the red dot disappears when placed on certain colors outside. Put the dot on a transformer on the power pole which is the color of strained pea baby food, the dot disappears. Swept it across some light green foliage, same result. I was really surprised when I placed on a white truck in my neighbors driveway and it became really washed out, not invisible, but really dimmed out.

My eyes are not even close to what they used to be. Has anyone else noticed this? Seems the dot either disappears or becomes difficult to see against light colors, for me anyway. Guess if I ever have to fight in the snow I should remove the Aimpoint.

Shabo
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I crank up the power when Im out in bright sun.  Never been bright enough for me to not see the dot.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
You're going to have to increase the dot's brightness a few clicks. When shooting outdoors in a bright environment it may be necessary to have the dot actually appear too bright at times in order to see it everywhere you point it. I used to have a Trijicon Reflex. I liked the idea of no batteries but there was no brightness control and the damn thing would wash out in broad, sunny daylight. That's when I got the Aimpoint.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:10:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Was it a pre-CET model Aimless?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Well there ya go.  Trade up [;)]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I crank up the power when Im out in bright sun.  Never been bright enough for me to not see the dot.
View Quote

And in AZ, that says something!
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And in AZ, that says something!
View Quote

Wouldnt be using it if it didnt get the job done.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Was it a pre-CET model Aimless?[/b]

Lumpy. This is an important question to me. My friend got a Comp-something-or-other a few years ago and it was about useless on a bright desert day. I put an old 5000 model on an AK and it is more than bright enough.

Which of the compact models is bright enough for AZ use and which ain't?

Thanks much.

SD

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Last time Ive even handled a Comp model was on a .38 Super race gun years ago, and that was back east.

I only have experience with the M2 and ML2 CET models.   Im assuming all the newer models have the upgrade.  

IIRC, the ML2 IS a Comp C with the addition of the lense covers and the adjustment cap retainers.

[url]http://www.aimpoint.com/products/prodpres3.htm[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top