Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 5:41:41 PM EDT
Hi all.  I hope this isn't too off topic.  I swear I will be using it to tote around stuff for my AR!
I need recommendations on a good shooting bag.  Birthday is coming up and I'm asking the wife to pick me one up.  I want one that will hold a couple of pistols and all the junk I tote around when I shoot (mags, ammo, targets, etc, etc.).  Looking for something that will last and that is good looking as well.  Preferably something that is on the small side.  I'm not looking to tote around a duffel-bag-sized piece of luggage .

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I was given a Bagmaster pistol and equipment bag and could not be happier.  It can hold up to 4 pistols, 2 sets of eye and ear protection, target stickers, ammo and my leather sand bags.  Well until I forgot my sandbags at the range one day... [:(]  I got mine in black.  It is freaking indestrucatable.

[url=http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/si/psbag.html]Read this for a review[/url]

[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ccwinstructor/images/PSBP_L_small.jpg[/img]

this is a review of the exact bag I have except I have the black color.

• Main compartment: 9 3/4”T x 6 3/4”W x 18”L
• Two large outside padded pockets: 9”T x 2 “W x 17”L
• Fully padded & lined: Bag is constructed with an outer shell of 1000 denier Cordura® nylon bonded to a foam core with a brushed tricot lining.
• Double zipper top for easy access.
• Two removable/adjustable dividers.
• Two # 4 pistol cases: Will hold handguns with up to a 5” barrel.
• One # 6 pistol case: Will hold handguns with up to a 6 1/2” barrel.
• One # 8 pistol case: Will hold handguns with up to a 9” barrel.
• Removable/adjustable shoulder strap.
• 2” one piece wraparound handle.
• Leather handle wrap, zipper pulls, and ID label.
• Hard bottom panel.
• Colors: Black, Hunter Green or Navy

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you really want to go first class – and pay accordingly [:O] – I highly recommend a bag from Eagle Industries: [url]www.eagleindustries.com[/url]  Specifically , see: [url]www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?SubCatID=7[/url]

I believe we’ve got some site sponsors (maybe lightfighter?) that could give you better prices than the manufacturer’s web site prices.  However, Eagle’s stuff is used a lot by the military and might be in short supply right now.

However, no offense, but these may be overbuilt (and overpriced) for what you need.

Also, I’d err toward a little larger bag than what you think you need since, like gunsafes, range bags fill up fast!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the recommendations.  I like the look of the new version of the Bagmaster in the review you posted.  Anyone else with any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The bag I picked may fall into "luggage" category but here goes.

I picked up a all-in-one Big Bag range bag from
[url=http://www.greenmtnsports.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GMS&Category_Code=RB]Green Mountain Sports[/url] about a year and half ago. It's build like a tank and has held up great so far. I bring ammo, tools, sunscreen, target pasters, band-aids to the range (it's an hour drive each way) and this bag alway has enough room for anything I need. I saw their small ad in some gun mag.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!  I like those bags, very solid looking.  Did you go with the original or Big bag?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using the same range bag for the last 12+ years.  A shooting partner of mine turned me on to the company, and I have tried pass along the good word whenever I'm asked.  They make the best range bags available and have been the choice of descriminating shooters for many years.

Check them out.

http://www.hafnerworldwide.com/paddedbags.htm
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Shooting [b]A[/b] bag recommendations please...  

Hillary R. Clinton. LOL
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
[LOLabove]
That's great!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very nice!  I like those bags, very solid looking.  Did you go with the original or Big bag?
View Quote

I went for the Big Bag in classic black. As I stated in my earlier post, I usually lug quite of bit of stuff to the range so I like having the extra room if I need it. I've never filled it up completely but I've come close. For the money, IMHO, it's a really good deal. I bought a couple of the small single pistol bags from Bagmaster (at $6 each) and I was good to go.

I bought the Big Bag because the bag I bought before that was a medium size Bagmaster and I ran out of space in that real quick. There are quite a few things I leave in my bag regardless of what I'm shooting that week so I like having the room.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Appreciate the help. I'll let you all know what I end up with!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top