Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2003 11:01:16 AM EDT
I was wanting to know weather or not SWG receivers are a very good brand.

Its the brand with the stopsighn logo...
The receiver looks pretty nappy in comparison to my bushy, but I dont buy a rifle for looks so much as for function.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
SGW is the predecessor to Oly Arms here in the states.  (I think they still use the SGW mark for the European market.)  I had one, and it worked fine.  The person I spoke to at Oly said they were all made before the ban, but since their records were destroyed in a fire, they don't know if a particular lower was assembled into a rifle before the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
 My particular SGW  ('lil ugly ) works very well though moreso with GI mags for one reason.  The taper on the mag well is not as generous as it is on Colt Ar's and Thermolds tend to seat with a bit more difficulty than GI mags...no biggie if you don't use Thermies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I forgot to add that mine had the same characteristics as my post-ban Oly:  Tight magwell and very tight fit to other brands of uppers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top