Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2003 12:07:17 PM EDT
I just picked up 1000 rnd of Wolf .223 from Ammoman... I had previously been shooting S&B and Winchester Q3131A.  Recoil from the Wolf seemed noticably less, and the fireball at the end of my 16" non-flash-suppressed barrel seemed a lot smaller.  Wierd thing was the flash size varied greatly, from a little 2 incher to a larger ball about a foot and a half in diameter.  

Also, I put some grease on the buffer spring and the rifle feels soooo much tighter (i.e. no "sproing!").  I hope this doesn't trap too much crud in there, I guess I'll find out.  

Oh ya I also put the militech lube on recently.  Seems to work good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Wolf is slightly underpowered compared to XM193 or Q3131a. It is high volume plinking blammo, not SHTF load out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been through about 1000 rounds of Wolf, no poblems with my RRA. I just spent a lot more money on some Federal stuff that is blemished, and got same results. Small fireball small sound, large fireball large sound. I put that ammo in a bag and am going to forget I have it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, it's weak.

[url]www.ammo-oracle.com[/url]

-Troy
View Quote

I have to disagree... It is very strong ammo. We are talking about the smell when you shoot it, right? [;)]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#5]
HOW DO I MAKE MY AR SPROING??????

The first time I shot one, it did that, but I cant ge mine to do it. I know it annoys the heck out of most people, but I kinda liked it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]
It makes up for its weakness with a extra dose of black gunky fouling.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top