Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 6:09:53 AM EDT
What kind of rings do I need to mount a Simmons scope to a flat top upper?

Also where can I find the riser things that mount on to the flat top to give me like an extra inch of height?

Thanks
KC
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Standard Weaver rings will work (they won't be optimal but they will work).

Why would you wan't to raise the scope an inch?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering about the risers because I am going to mount either a 44mm or a 50mm scope and I wasnt sure whether or not I would be able to get it high enough with just rings.

So if weavers will work but not optimal what would work optimal/better?

Thanks again

KC
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Arms #22 throw lever rings are optimal IMHO.  They come in 3 different heights from 7/8" to 1 3/8". [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/arms22l.asp[/url]

However my favorite option for mounting a scope is the Armalite mount.  Combination mount & rings should put the scope where you want it, and its cheaper than the ARMS #22 rings.

[url]http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/mounts_rings.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, in the [b]new 2003 Fall MidSouth Shooters Master catalog[/b], on the back cover is a one piece mount made by a company called "MAMBA".

Their site is [url]www.mamba-products.com[/url] and while site is not completed yet, the one piece scope mount they sell has a [b]25 MOA cant[/b] built into it, for additional elevation travel.

This might come in handy for some as it is considerably cheaper than the Badger rings with built in cant.

Don't mean to take thread off-topic, but if anyone has used one of these or has comments on them (the Mamba), I'd appreciate a IM or e-mail w/ your comments, as I am in need of a new one and this looks as if it might suffice at a cheaper cost than Badger.

Thanks,
Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top