Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2003 6:13:43 PM EDT
On Saturday I recieved my M900a!  It was the final piece needed to complete my SHTF 16" M4 carbine project.  

My thanks to Brightflashlights for the awesome pricing, quick shipping and A++ service! Also thanks to new-arguy pointing me in the right direction!

It was a tough decision between the M962 and the M900a. After going over the different configurations and setups I came to the conclusion that if I went with the M962 I would basically be recreating the M900a in a less efficient and more expensive way.  No matter how I setup the M962 there would be certain situations that would make the light hard to use or impossible to use.  The M900a really solved a lot of my concerns such bi-lateral use and vertical grip integration.

After mounting the M900a to my SIR 50 I knew it was the right choice!  The M900a feels looks and functions like it was made for the SIR.  Before I got it I was concerned about it sticking to far down but it just right and does not cause me any problems.

I also contacted Surefire about getting the older shorter battery cap without the master on/off switch.  I was suprised to receive an email from their tech support group asking for my mailing address and telling me they would send me one at no charge!  That's A1 customer service in my book and I'll certainly continue buying their products because I know they'll take care of me if I ever need anything!

So here's a quick run down of the my setup.

1. Pre-Armalite Eagle Arms pre-ban lower.
2. CMMG/DPMS M4A3 upper with a 16", 4150, fully chrome lined 1:7 barrel.  
3. Armalite carrier and bolt, using Wolff extra power extractor spring.
4. ARMS SIR 50 rail system.
5. ARMS 40a BUIS.
6. EOTech 552 HWS.
7. Vltor Clubfoot Modstock and 5 position buffer tube.
8. TangoDown Battlegrip.
9. Surefire M900a with white navigation LED  lights.
10. Homemade 3 point sling using 1.5" black webbing with ERB.

So far I have this carbine has been flawless and I have yet to have any malfunctions, KNOCK  ON WOOD...  

The only other big upgrade I'll get will probably be a ACOG TA31! Damn you new-arguy!!!

I will probably also look into a Knight's single point sling mount and a CQB Solutions SOP sling.

Now I can start planning for my 20" AR project.  I hope my wife isn't reading this...

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
[hail2] I am not worthy [bow]

That is one sweet setup. I can't wait until I finish mine, but my wife watches me like a hawk so I have to be very discrete about it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Like you said, it's finished. It's perfect.
Oh yeah, there will always be a few that split fine hairs.
I like it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What a great set-up. It's perfect from the muzzle to the buttplate. Great job.

ls
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I may not have the same taste in gear as you but I must admit you have 100% top quality stuff there and its 100% complete with no BS added.  Couple questions though...

What kind of flash hider do you have?  If its an A2 have you considered upgrading?

What kind of latch is on your charging handle?  If its stock I suggest the PRI big latch.

Also dont worry about the M900 hanging down.  Once you put a Magpul on your mags the mag will be lower than the M900 and all will be well. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to everyone for the compliments!

DevL,

Yes, that's a standard A2 FS.  I'll probably change it to a Vortex G6 in the near future.

I also have the standard latch and I'll probably switch to the PRI big latch that I've seen here on EE.  

It' never ends, does it?[:D]

I have to really hold myself back from messing around with the PRI Fatboy gas tube and the LMT enhanced bolt and carrier.  Even though my carbine is functioning perfectly it's hard to resist trying to make it more reliable, if that makes any sense.[%|]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Next you will want tritum iron sights, then an Accuracy speaks trigger, then a suppressor, then night vision, then..... it never ends.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Yojimbo,
I'd just like to congratulate you, and also thank you again on the advice you gave me about which ARMS SIR to get...I finally got my #50, and the finished project will look somewhat like yours in that sense.

Very sweet sweet setup!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top