Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 10:47:00 AM EDT
WOW I WANT ONE!

"M4 SOCOM: Designed with input from combat experienced SF soldiers. This is the strongest production AR15/M16 stock available! Approximately 6 times stronger than an AR15 A2 stock & receiver extension tube. Ideal for CQB or breaching doors, and without the fear of bending the receiver extension tube ( which disables the rifle ). Adjustable length of pull, adjusts from 7.5" to 9.5" in five 1/2" increments. The M4 SOCOM comes with extra hardware so that it can be set up as a push button quick adjustable stock for "pre-ban" or "exempt" use; or as an adjustable stock for post ban use! ( M4 SOCOM has not been approved by the BATF for post ban use ).Closed-cell foam overtube provides an extremely comfortable cheek weld. This stock mounts "rock solid' to the rifle with no movement making it an ideal stock for precision shooting as well. Ambi-sling mount / gusset reinforces the receiver extension tube at its weakest point- just behind the receiver. Four 1.5" totally quiet and fail safe machined in sling-slots allows optimum sling mount flexibility. With the 1.0" pad it is also ideal for use with .50 BMG AR uppers. Comes with your choice of 1.0" or .5" recoil pads. Uses carbine length buffer and spring ( not included ). L.O.P. fully collapsed 11.0 " and fully extended 13.0" without recoil pad."

I really wanted an adjustable stock for post ban use, even if I need a screwdriver to adjust it. This stock (if, when, approved by the ATF) seems to be the ticket. I dont really care for the other LOP adjustible stocks right now, just this one as it has class.

Since it comes with the extra hardware, after the ban sunsets I could install that to turn it into a conventional push buttom collapsable.

I really want this product approved. Its gonna get slapped on my bushy.

Does anyone have experience with this high priced stock set? I know its no VLTOR, but I need a adjustible stock NOW to teach some smaller shooters, but the stubby adjustible stocks will be tossed after the sunset so more $$ lost. This one comes with hardware to tun it collapsable after the ban, so it interests me allot. Be nice for butt stroking too!

[html]www.riflestocks.com/ar15.html[/html]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#1]
or as an adjustable stock for post ban use! ( M4 SOCOM has not been approved by the BATF for post ban use )
View Quote

What the hell is that supposed to mean? It doesn't say it has not been approved [b]YET[/b]...So does that mean that it already has been submitted, and returned as a non-approval??? ARGGGG I want one, but i don't want to get in trouble!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking yet was implied.

I emailed them, I will post response asap
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do you get 'em?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.riflestocks.com/ar15.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I must say it is at the top of my to get list. Exspecially if it is really "Approximately 6 times stronger than an AR15 A2 stock & receiver extension tube."
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I has gotsa get me one!

ATF give me light!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone have experience with this high priced stock set?
View Quote

No but I have used the predecessor to this stock and love it.  The rubberized cover is easy on the face during long sessions and the stock tube is very rugged.  The only flaw I see with this updated version is that the integral sling loop is too high and this will leave you bleeding at some point.   HOPEFULLY they will change it to a QD attachment point mounted to the back of the receiver end plate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I must say it is at the top of my to get list. Exspecially if it is really "Approximately 6 times stronger than an AR15 A2 stock & receiver extension tube."
View Quote

If all you're looking for is a stronger tube, the ACE boom tube is supposed to be 6 times stronger than the standard tube as well...It's considerably cheaper, offers a storage compartment, and can be cut down to size by about 2"...A couple guys have it on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:35:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I need one that is somewhat adjustible, but thanks for the FYI.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Just an FYI to whoever was interested in these.

I ordered one this morning and due to a machining issue the current batch of stocks (I was told) don't open the full 2" but are off by about 1/4".

What that amounted to was a price reduction from 185.00 to 114.00 for the stock with quick adjust and butt pad.

Just wanted to throw that out in case anyone was put off by the price a bit. I asked about return policies in the event I get it and don't like it and was told 10% restocking fee.

Anyways pretty sweet deal and nice to see an honest business out there. I would think one could sell these as the 2" version with no problem after all it is only a 1/4"...

Unfortunately I didn't remember to get the guys name but it sounds like a small buisness from browsing their site so I bet the same guy is around most of the time.

bosifus
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been looking at the ACE stocks for a while, and for $114, this seemed like it was too good to pass up. I just ordered one, the guy I talked to said that they only have a few left.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#12]
ACE makes some sweet stuff.

And they are a great company.

Here is what I got recently for my ZM weapons LR300.

Folding Boom tube SMG [:)]

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/060456.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/060457.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow Ridge that is sweet. Now I have to go read up on the ZM weapons LR300!
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:17:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, it looks like a sturdy stock and I've liked the other ACE stocks I've handled; but I don't see $185 worth of value in it to me personally.

It is a stout collapsible stock with 2" of adjustment basically. Perhaps if the ATF approves it for post-ban weapons it would have a small niche for the less than a year that remains on the ban; but I guess I don't see what it offers over the VLTOR or Magpul stocks in the same price range.

The main advantage I can see is if you can't wait 11 months it would be nice to be able to turn your fixed stock into a collapsible one without further expense; but as of right now the ATF still hasn't even given it the OK for postban use if I understand the post correctly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#15]

"M4 SOCOM: Designed with input from combat experienced SF soldiers."

Input could mean anything such as "buy me another beer and i'll tell you what colors i like".

"This is the strongest production AR15/M16 stock available! Approximately 6 times stronger than an AR15 A2 stock & receiver extension tube."  

Doesn't really tell you anything.  Stronger in what way does it deflect one sixth as much as a stock unit when bent transversely, does it then return to its previous state or is it deformed?"

"Ideal for CQB or breaching doors, and without the fear of bending the receiver extension tube ( which disables the rifle )."

Really?  I thought we had shotguns and rams for breaching doors.  Does anyone really think you're going to knock down a door with a 8 pound carbine?

I don't mean to sound so negative, it looks like a nice stock.  Its just that there is so much hype and BS associated with rifle accessories that i am very sensitive.  Of course i wouldn't even think about mounting it to a postban without BATF approval.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I am not concerned with streangth, if someone could point me to another collapsible stock that can be turned from post ban to pre ban comliant give me a holler.

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#17]

anyone who gets one of these needs to post a full range report and pics.

please.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am not concerned with streangth, if someone could point me to another collapsible stock that can be turned from post ban to pre ban comliant give me a holler.
View Quote
You mean like the MagPul stock?  Or any of the collapsable look-a-likes including the VLT0R?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#19]
No, it must be adjustible.

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No, it must be adjustible.
View Quote

You mean like the MagPul stock?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#21]
IS there ANY stock avaliable right now that is Adjustable in size, and is also ATF approved for post-ban use?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Hoplophile,

Do you have information indicating the MagPul M93 can be made post-ban complient while retaining its "adjustable" features?

-z
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is a pic.   I just put it on a few weeks ago.  I had the COLT 4 position prior to it.  I really like the ACE SOCOM M4 stock.  It is very solid, and also has the sling attachment incorporated.  It extends further (not very much, sorry no numbers yet) than the prior colt stock, but it does not retract as short as the colt did, by about 1/2-1" approx.  The push button for extend/retract is the same allen nut which is also adjustable.  Basically, I can torque it so I can't extend/retract it (absolutely no play), or I can loosen it so the amount of pressure to push and retract/extend is very loose.  The biggest thing I noticed is there is absolutely no play, opposed to the little play w/ the Colt.  Also, I notice the very slight play  between the upper and lower seems more evident now, since everything aft is rock solid and tight.  I am not the resident expert w/ this, just my .02
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p50346002501ee4f530755b2f13322952/fafb10ce.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pef18644dc65c1b34247010af8f2f4449/fafb11b9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p372a4f10aebb2dc27ba2565bbe5092e6/fafb1203.jpg[/img]

...and one other thing to add, don't go w/ the 1" rubber butt pad, 1/2" is what I'm changing to, heck, you really don't even need one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice rifle!

I still wish I could find out about post ban legality.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#26]
It seems like a nice stock, but why do they mount the sling loop on top where your face goes. Seems like it would be better to cut it off and mount a side sling mount.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Some people prefer to have the rifle slung like that with a unique method. The sling is attached to a single point on the rifle (where you mentioned) and is a loop of nylon.

You slip the rifle on like a metallic purse and just drop it to let it hang by the single point loop sling.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#28]
So no one has any idea of when or if this might be approved for post ban rifles? Cant one of you techies look up the application, these things look kick ass.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#29]
The best way to find out is to call ACE LTD directly (www.riflestocks.com).  On my SOCOM M4 stock, the "push-button", a hex-bolt, is spring loaded.  Just push it with your thumb and the opposite side (a circular tab normally sitting flush) protrudes, allowing single handed extend/retract.  Now that hex-bolt has room for adjustment.  When I tighten it (approx. 1-1.5 full turns), the spring compresses and you will not be able to extend or retract it.  Also, they shipped another hex-bolt.  I assume it's either a replacement, or to configure to a more post ban compliance.  I don't know the the legalities, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this to be approved sooner than later.  I beleive ACE has been trying to get BATF approval for its other similar stock designs for quite some time now (since I've been in contact w/ them and at there site a little over a year ago).  Also, I removed the rubber butt pad completely and it is definitely staying off.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#30]
...and one other thing to add, don't go w/ the 1" rubber butt pad, 1/2" is what I'm changing to, heck, you really don't even need one.
View Quote

That depends on your ideal LOP-everyone is built differently. The stock 1/2" recoil pad on my Ace entry stock is just a tad too short, so I just added the 1" pad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top