Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2003 6:36:42 PM EDT
4 more months I should be getting a mill and a lathe. Not sure which one. Someone has the machines and can't use them anymore. They aren't Mini ones. He said the lathe is large enough to turn Virgin Barrels.
I think the mill is a Briggs and Stratton with Numerical Control. I just hope my power feed is going to work with it.
Just found out about 20 min ago. I am going to look Monday at the machines.......I'm getting there
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
are you getting these just for your hobby or business ? to go in your garage?

its sounds cool eaither way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Hobby for now. I am going to try to make 223 Receivers from scratch. I am also going to try my hand turning barrels from blanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope you have 3 phase power in your shop, or you're screwed. Most industrial machines use this configuration and there's no easy way to convert from 220v 200a. Just lettin you know..
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, there's a way around that too. My dad has a lathe and mill in our basement, and no 3 phase power. You just need to get a rotophase..(sp?). Even then it isn't quite as strong as true 3 phase, he can't run the lathe at the really high speeds, but for the most part it's not a problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top