Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 7:00:09 PM EDT
1 Why do we civilians have to pay 4 time as much for the EXACT SAME ITEM as the LE get for the beta C 100rd mags? Where is a good place to get one besides gunbroker!!! (end rant)

2 Where is a good site to get everthing i need to mount site and launch a 37mm M203 for a 20" barrel

2 Where can i buy a bushmaster varmint upper besides bushmaster direct?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
www.37mm.com has all the links you need for the "flare launcher".
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Do'OH, i had completely forgotten about the ban sunsetting next year. Some of the stuff i have read sounds like no one wants to touch it with a ten foot poll. Yep i wait for a year for a Beta C
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1 Why do we civilians have to pay 4 time as much for the EXACT SAME ITEM as the LE get for the beta C 100rd mags?
View Quote

Because most of us act like impulsive children. If we just HAVE to get it we will... at any price. Beta Cs will drop, but not dramatically. The demand far exceeds the supply because the punk-ass manufacturers have no desire to sell to the public. Therefore we have to wait for them to trickle down to us. This trend occured pre 94 and will likely continue post 04. I won't pay an ass load of $ for a preban (unless a rare collector's item) because it is nothing but an old weapon in a year. I can get a brand new one to my specs for hundreds less than the prices on the EE.

This is my humble advice:

DO NOT BUY a preban unless it has some inherent collector's value, or it is a STEAL, (I'd even skip out on one that's a "good deal").

DO NOT BUY a Beta C unless you own a RLL, RR, or RDIAS. The Beta C is $600+ for a 100 round magazine that is intended as "DISPOSABLE" in combat. I can slap 2 0r 3 30 rounders onto a mag coupler and I have about 75% of what a Beta C is good for at roughly 10% of its cost. There is no "gigle factor" on a Beta C that makes up for the 500+ dollars one has to OVERpay on them... particularly for semi auto.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah i was thinking. just grab a few 30s and call it good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
You can wait and hope the ban expires and Betas, including mine, lose half their value.  In which case I buy 2 more and never regret not selling mine.  You can have one now and pay almost twice what I paid Rueben a couple years back.  If the ban goes away buy 3 and blast away.  At the current prices I wouldnt buy one.  ....or would I....  hmmm....   Okay, I'll trade mine for a nice M1A ...  ;)
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Didn't someone post an Army report that they found the Beta's too fragile for use? I remember one of the guys from Full-Auto had one in the bed of his truck in the winter and when his dad accidently knocked it out onto the driveway it broke in half.

I don't see what use they have in real life, but I might still pick one up if the price comes down, they are a heck of a lot of fun. [:)]
View Quote

We got them for the M249 right before I got out and they where junk. I personally broke 3 at the range the first month we had them. They also would not function in an older M249 that had a magazine well that was even a little out of spec. Beta did however have great customer service and offered replacement parts for free and asked several times if they could come to the range with us to work out any problems we had. In the end they where not allowed to come to the range and my XO would not allow them to be issued even for range use. When I left there where 18 C-mags sitting on a shelf in my armsroom but the pouches rock for 30 rounders.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top