Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 4:16:32 PM EDT
I am building an other AR15. This one with the DPMS side bolt upper. I could someone give me the info on which bolt and carrier to use?

I think it is from an FAL or something like that. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I saw this before recently, but I am not going to say "SEARCH you scurvy dog!"  Like the board pirates do!

It doesn't use a FAL bolt, it just uses a FAL charging handle.  Or maybe just a FAL-style charging handle.  The carrier has to be cut for the install.  Just ask DPMS, they sell them I am sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
What day is the actual "talk like a pirate day" matey?
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#3]
We had it a while back I think.  Although some of it was just translation of pirate speak, ex. the different meanings of ARGG.  

No special day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent a message to DPMS and waithing for a reply....What do you mean the carrier has to be cut?
I think I am the one who asked before
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been able to put a picture of the DPMS Upper on the photo Server. I am going to try and make an active link to it [url]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/ImageDetail.asp?iDBLoc=0&iGalleryUnq=1066&iNumColumns=4&sSort=&iTtlNumItems=1&iCategoryUnq=0&iNumPerPage=20&iImageUnq=17517&[/url]

OK There it is. SO you can see it doesn't need anything cut. I just need to know where to get the bolt in .223 for it. Or what mod I have to do like drill a hole and the Tap it for a handle to fit.
The only info I was able to find was from American Spirt Arms. Please anyone who can tell me where to start.
I have a 24" fluted Bull barrel from DPMS for it. And one of those Bell & Carlson Mil Style Thumb Hole stocks from Midway. I am going to get the Float tube and the other things needed.
At first I was going to do a different cal instead of 223.
My next project is on a Eagle Arms lower AR10 Receiver. That one is going to be a 300WSM set-up
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top