Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 8:48:04 PM EDT
other than a military or leo marking on it.  Can Post-ban Mags still be imported into the U.S. or not? Thanks -- VT4Me  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
[edited out: cause i don't know what I'm talkin bout...]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
read the mag faq.
according to it mags made in the US after the ban were required to have a date stamp and most are marked for leo or military use.  imported ones obviously would not have this feature but some are known to be post ban, like the new H&K SA80 mags.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask RGUNS. [LOL]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is what BATF says:

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#o15

(O15) What markings must appear on large capacity ammunition feeding devices manufactured after September 13, 1994? [Back]

Persons who import large capacity ammunition feeding devices manufactured after September 13, 1994, or manufacture large capacity ammunition feeding devices must legibly identify each device imported or manufactured by serial number and other prescribed markings. The same serial number may be used for all devices manufactured or imported. Such devices must also be marked "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/ GOVERNMENT USE ONLY" or, in the case of devices manufactured for export, "FOR EXPORT ONLY." Domestically made devices must also be marked with the name, city and state of the manufacturer. Imported devices must be marked with the same of the manufacturer, country of origin, and name, city and state of the importer. Persons who manufacture or import metallic links for use in the assembly of belted ammunition are only required to place the prescribed identification marks on the containers used for packaging the links. [18 U. S. C. 923( i), 27 CFR 178.92( c)]

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Take Glock as example, the hi-cap magazines has Restricted in US stamped on them.  I saw that on an Aussie operator's G17.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top