Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 4:11:39 PM EDT
I ordered an Accuracy Speaks trigger group for my M-4 at the end of July, beginning of August. I called to ask for them to let me know if my order went through. I never heard from them. Today I got my trigger group unpayed for, & a bill for $162.50. I had decided a long time ago that I was glad the order never got confirmed, because  that much cash to make the trigger pull on my Colt preban lower just a little bit better, was probably just not worth it to me, & I could spend my money on the other upgrades I wanted for my M-4.
Can anyone tell me if it's worth installing at that price, or should I just send it back & use the money for the other upgrades I want?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Answering "is it worth it?" is dificult. It becomes very specific to your personal desire, needs, and perception of value gained regarding your rifle.

The trigger pull will not be a little better. It will probably be twice as good.

What is that worth to you at this point in time? I'm happy with the one I installed, but you will have to answer your question yourself.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Like AR-10 said, worth it is up to you.  I have an AS trigger in one of my rifles and it is great.  Not only does it help with accuracy but the very short reset makes it easier to fire quick follow-up shots.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well twice as good is worth it, but just a little better isn't, I recognized the problem with my question when I asked it, but didn't really know how to ask it better, Thanks for the info though. Like I said twice as good would be worth it to me. I bought an SKS with a 1/4 mile travel on the trigger, & it made my Colt seem like the worlds best trigger ever made! Thus my questioning of replacing it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Time to upgrade that SKS trigger, searcher.  Get the milled trigger group, then find that ad in Shotgun News for the guys that will rework it for you - fairly inexpensive.  Of course that will have to wait now that you have blown your wad on the AS trigger.

P.S. I think you will be VERY pleased with your AS trigger.  If not, throw that thing away (in my garbage can) [;)]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get a Jewell trigger for another $12.50. It should be allot better.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess a better way to ask this question is, will it increase my accuracy to any noticeable degree in an M-4  at the standard distances the M-4 is expected to be used, or would I be better off putting it into a longer distances type of AR?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The owner of AS is a former Marine and currently a NCO in the Arizona Guard. Support the Jarhead Network.

Pony up the cash, Leatherneck!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Im the pickiest SOB you ever could meet and the AS trigger is VERY sweet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I guess a better way to ask this question is, will it increase my accuracy to any noticeable degree in an M-4  at the standard distances the M-4 is expected to be used, or would I be better off putting it into a longer distances type of AR?
View Quote
 I use the single stage AS trigger in my M4.  Like I mentioned before, the advantage isn't just the accuracy but also the faster reset.  With the AS trigger and firing hammers at 15-20 feet the split time is faster and the grouping tighter than with a regular trigger.

In longer barreled weapons for longer range, slower rate of fire shooting I prefer a two stage like the RRA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The AS is the only aftermarket trigger I would use on my field ARs, because I strongly prefer single-stage triggers for field guns, vs. double-stage triggers for target rifles, and because there are no adjustment screws to go out of adjustment.

-Troy
View Quote

I agree with Troy and Devl, I personally have two AS trigger in my guns.  I love them religously and rfecommand them to anyone looking to upgrade their trigger.  This is the only duty graqde trigger to install in your AR.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I've gone back & forth with my self, but it looks like I'm going to keep it, & put it into my M-4. Thanks for the help in deciding. Now I gots ta come up wid da money!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top