Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2003 11:48:57 AM EDT
I was just watching a couple of videos that another user posted where he was bumpfiring an AR from the sholder and it got me thinking.  He said that he didn't actually press the stock into the shoulder, supporting the whole rifle by the handgaurd with his off hand.

What if you took a telescoping stock and an extra section of buffer spring and put the spring inside of the bustock peice tube (between the back end of the buffer tube and the butt plate).  Then elongate one of the holes where the pin locks the stock into position to allow the stock to move in and out about 1/4"

The idea is to make the stock compress around 1/4" on recoil and then the spring would extend it back out reseting the trigger.

I know this will serve no real practical purpose, but do you guys think it would help maintain better control and make it easier to bumpfire from the shoulder?  Aside from the AWB issues regaurding the "collapsible" stock would this be legal if it worked?  It still would only fire one shot per trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see it. I just started bump firing and so far so good. I haven't mastered it from the shoulder yet...that is my goal.

My best bump firing guns:

Professional Ordnance P97S...unbelievalbe.

AR15 9mm...also very good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You would be "manufacturing a device"? Do you really want to risk 10 years federal time if the wrong person at Batfe gets wind of it? The hellfire and other guys had a shitload of work to do to get Batfe letters of approval. This is not an area where common sense is king.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Do any of the "Hell fire" devices work at all?I've heard they were shit,what about the Tac-Trigger?(newest one)???
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think you could say it was to dampen recoil.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Here are the links to the videos:
[URL]http://www.crinamex.com/ar9mm2.wmv[/URL]
[URL]http://www.crinamex.com/bumpmc.wmv[/URL]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of questions for those of you who might have answers.

First, I have the JARD single stage trigger in my XM.  It is possible to make this trigger bump fire?  I have only tried it once, with zero success.

Second,  is it possible to do this with the Ceiner 22lr conversion, or do you need the full 223 recoil?

Thanks for your help,

Craig
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#8]
You must have full recoil, its almost not enough. Ak rounds are perfect
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You must have full recoil, its almost not enough. Ak rounds are perfect
View Quote

You don't really need 'full recoil.'  Suppressed guns have reduced recoil and they will bump, same with guns with muzzle breaks.  You need 'sufficient' recoil.

Tough balance.  

FWIW, Troy is correct (for once, you know  [;)] ) that a little practice is better than any device.  

A couple thousand rounds of bump firing will allow you to impress the audience, so to speak.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes sensei
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here are the links to the videos:
[URL]http://www.crinamex.com/ar9mm2.wmv[/URL]
[URL]http://www.crinamex.com/bumpmc.wmv[/URL]
View Quote

WHOA, I didn't know you could bump-fire from the shoulder?!?!?!? Someone please enlighten me on the mechanics of this!
Btw, I've only tried bump-firing my AK so far...WAAAAAAY cool....
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Suppressed guns have reduced recoil and they will bump, same with guns with muzzle breaks.  
TRG
View Quote

man, i can't do it with my AK brake [:(]

have yall ever done it w/an Ar that had an AK brake???  i probably just need more practice huh??
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suppressed guns have reduced recoil and they will bump, same with guns with muzzle breaks.  
TRG
View Quote

have yall ever done it w/an Ar that had an AK brake???  i probably just need more practice huh??
View Quote

I can't do it with the stock Colt brake either so don't feel bad.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
TRG
View Quote

View Quote

You just need to practice more. Actually I can bump my Bushy AK Shorty better then my other AR's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#15]
My M14S is very easy to bump fire and usually draws an audience. I've been practicing bumping it from the shoulder. By flipping up the butt plate and using it to support some of the weight without holding the rifle into my shoulder, I've achieved some doubles and triples, it's only a matter of a little practice before I'm dumping full mags from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#16]
When I need suppressive fire I'll call on you guys!

[:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:22:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I pulled my brand new RRA M4 out of the box and filled the 10 round mag. I told my buddy about bump firing and he laughed. I stuck it to my hip and hooked a beltloop and dumped the 10 rounds in about .5 seconds. I think the 2 stage trigger helps out here. My friends Bushy won't do it. It is way cool.
It works every time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok Guys,

I have been around the shooting game for a while and this is new terminology to me. Bump firing? is that letting the forward and backward (recoil) movement of the gun causing the trigger to cycle? What is the trick to this fun? (everyone has a trick)

Ruff
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:12:54 AM EDT
[#19]
For you guys with vertical handgrips on your rails and such. Have you tried to bump using the vertical handgrip?

I would think that would make it a lot easier.

P.S. I've been trying to bump my AR but only my AK works for it right now. I will have to practice more [:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top