Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2003 11:11:54 AM EDT
Are theese worth getting on an M-4 to hold spare parts?If so,who makes the BEST quality?Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anybody use theese?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
 I don't have one but thought it would be nice to use the space.Ive seen a rubber plug being sold that just plugs in firmly to the existing pistol grip.But I can't remember where I saw them at.WD
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
That would be nice,let me know if you see that again.Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Stormin,
i have one, it's called a "Stow-A-Way", my safe is locked for the night but i'll get you the info on it tomrw.

it has a snap lock hinged plastic trap door, rather handy little gadget, you'd be surprized what you can get in there.

i have seen the plugs, the one i saw took up too much space because it was solid rubber if you get one of those, use a Dremel tool to remove the excess rubber, but be carefull !!!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a problem with the rubber plug falling out of the pistol grip, causing the items being stored in the grip to fall out and get lost.  Also, the rubber plug takes up a lot of space inside the hollow pistol grip, greatly reducing the amount of stuff that could otherwise be carried in there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
The Stowaway II was made by Lone Star Ordnance, of Arlington, TX.  They are long out of business.  I have several and these were EXCELLENT.  I wish I could get more.

The Stowaway II had a slight bulge on the grip, which to me made it fit my hand better, but otherwise looked very much like an A-2 grip.  

I can fit in there a firing pin, small ziplok with a set of gas rings, spare extractor, extr pin, extr spring, trigger and hammer pins and springs, firing pin retainer, disconnector and spring.

This is not the same Stowaway grip as sold by Bushmaster now.

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/56pt87spg2.asp[/url]

The Bushmaster Stowaway is probably the best you can do now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top