Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 6:57:24 AM EDT
I have seen many parts and gear and accessories for AR15s that seem affordable to budget minded folk. Does any of it work as well big brand name stuff. I am particularly looking at the Detachable A3 carry handles that sell for around $50 instead of $100 or more from the name brands. Does anyone have any experience with these.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, I was also looking at those $40 tele-stocks but had not heard any feed back on them as yet. Anyone else??
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Most off the budget A3 handles and telestocks are straight up crap that's made in China.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one of those $29.99 tele-stocks from Tapco and it is pure crap. The damn thing has about 1 inch of play between the stock and the tube. I just went to the gun show yesterday and after looking at how w quality made tele-stock was made, I realized what kind of crap I had on my hands. It's like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. It never hurts to shop around for the best price on something, but try to get the best price on something quality and know what you're buying.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
i just bought a rock river arms 6 position new collapsible stock with spring and buffer from legal transfers (pete) in the EE for $69 + shipping.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
It is true, you get what you pay for, most of the time.  I wanted to get a base and rings for my AR to mount a little scope on it that I've had for some time.  At first I was going to go with one of those cheap $8 dollar basses from Clearview and a set of Tasco rings from Wal-Mart but then I did some rethinking about it and went with an A.I.M base($60 bucks) and  a set of Springfield Armory rings(another $22 bucks) all in all I'd bet the better stuff will out last the cheaper stuff that I was going to get.  That way I only have to buy it once and I'm done.   You can buy cheap beer if ya' like but it doesn't pay to buy cheap gun parts.  Talk at ya' later.  TN.Frank
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top