Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 5:46:43 AM EDT
Sunsets in exactly 365:15:14:13. One year today and its hopefully gone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]
This Unconstitutional, illegal law was null and void from the very second it was passed.  I'm of the opinion that if we all just ignore it it'll go away and if it gets re-uped I'll just keep ignoring it.    I don't think I've heard of a single case of anyone being prosecuted under this bogus law.  I'm sure if a case was brought up in court it'd be tossed out as being unconstitutional.  JMHO, talk at ya'll later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think so. You still have to follow the regulations of your state.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh i agree 100%. I think of it as prohibition, you know one of those "they cant arrest all of us" type deals. But yeah, im not gonna do anything illegal unless this time next year some more BS goes thru. I think i can tough it out one more year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh i agree 100%. I think of it as prohibition, you know one of those "they cant arrest all of us" type deals. But yeah, im not gonna do anything illegal unless this time next year some more BS goes thru. I think i can tough it out one more year.
View Quote

Wanna help do something about it?[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=205668]go here[/url]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The first case of anyone being endicted under the Assault weapons ban was:

U.S. v. Starr, 945 F.Supp. 257 (M.D.Ga. 1996)   No. 5:96-CR-21(DF) :
He was convicted of having both a pistol grip and threaded barrel on his rifle (Maadi AKM), and thereby was in possesion of an "illegal semiautomatic assault rifle" and was found to be in violation 18 U.S.C.
section 922(v) .

There have been a fair number since.

Often the fact that individuals have illegal possesion of "semiautomatic assault rifes" as defined by the BATF is only made known to the BATF by an unusual circumstances, such as arrest for another unrelated crime, but a situation where temporary seizure and scrutiny of an individuals rifles can occur (such as home self defense shooting or weapons recovered from a home burglary) can result in the BATF being alerted that an individual is in violation of the ban, even when they have committed no other crime. If this happens, expect no mercy, for ye shall receive none.

I would dearly like a bayonet lug, folding stock and flash hider on my rifle, but it is not worth risking a felony conviction to me.

But thats just me....
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Our founding fathers, alittle over 225 years ago, fought against the "powers that be" in order to make a free nation. They wrote a document called the "Constitution of the United States of America" that set down guide lines for the new government to follow.  These guide lines are "non-negotiable" in that no law can be made to conflict with them by said government.  The 2nd. Amend. isn't about owning guns to hunt with or even to protect your home with, it's about owning firearms that give us equal footing with the government so that in the event that the government becomes tyarnnicanl we can rebel and over throw it, replacing it with one that will follow the guide lines in the Constitution.   Our founding fathers gave up everthing, their property, their freedom and in many cases their lives to secure a free country for us to live in.  It truly saddens me that the majority of people in this country have become so guttless, so pasive, so sheepish they they can't or won't stand up to what is clearly an Unconstitutional law in the form of the AWB of '94.  If you are not willing to stand up for you freedoms, as stated in the Constitution, then you do not deserve to be free.   I do not care what the government says is "legal" or "illegal", the Constitution gives me the RIGHT to own weapons that are suited for militia use, that means flash hider, bayonet lug, magazine fed, et al and I will not be bullied by this or any other government to give up those freedoms.  If they want to try to put me in jail for having a bayonet lug on my rifle then let them try.   It makes no sence that a rifle made before a certain date is "legal" and the same firearm made after that date is not.  This is nothing but hog wash and I, for one, will not stand for it, not in MY country, not in OUR country.  This is OUR country, not the country of our government.  WE THE PEOPLE are in charge, not some politician in Washington D.C. and untill we get the balls to stand up to the politicians in D.C. we should not be allowed to call our selves FREE MEN.  The choice is ours to make, follow an unconstitutional law and be safe and a slave to government or ignore the law and live(and maybe even die) as free men. May God help us all to make the right choice.   Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Good points right there. But we get oppressed if we, to the slightest degree, add a few chunks of metal on our rifles. That, with all the soccer moms out there, tend to make standing up a bit hard. Additionally, we have gun owners who couldn't give a crap about what happens to fellow gun owners - as long as their deer rifles and shotguns ( just as effecient 'killing-machines' as our evil black plastic guns ) are not taken away. Without a united front, there will be no totally guaranteed 2nd. amend. right. You can't make everyone let it be - some bastard is always trying to overturn it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ignore it??  What the f***.  We can't just sit back and ignore the AWB.  We have to fight and take action to make sure this ban is not extended or replaced by an even worse ban.

Come on guys take ACTION!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
There will always be well organized anti gun lobbies around. They will have lots of money,famous actors (pitchmen)and lots of volunteers. We will always have idiots who gun down kids at school and shoot people from clock towers. We must have at least twice the money, lobbiest and volunteers just to break even. The first time we let down even a bit poof we have the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#10]
No doubt about it.  The AWB is unconstitutional.  So are other laws (like "Click it or Ticket").  The problem is that we are still in the minority in feeling this way.  What we need to do is peacefully work to make our viewpoint the majority viewpoint.  Even when laws are immoral, there is still value in following them.  If we lose respect for the rule of law, we are on the edge of anarchy.

Frank:  Rest assured that if the trend continues (i.e, errosion of our basic human rights), the majority of people will reach their "breaking point" and rebel.  It was precisely this situation that gave birth to our nation.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont have any of the extra items on my weapons just to keep them legal, but can you have the parts as parts so you can put them on when the ban goes away?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#12]
When I said "ignore it" I didn't mean to stick our head in the sand and ignore the gun grabbers, I ment ignore the AWB and just build what you want to build and let the chips fall where they may.   If the court system were jam packed with violations of the AWB maybe, just maybe the law makers would get it and figure out that the law won't work and not try to pass any other laws like it in the future.  Proibition of Alcohol didn't get repealed because everyone follow the law, quite to the contrary, it was because more people drank under proibition then they did before the Amend. was passed.  The law makers saw that it had failed and repealed the Amend. and made Alcohol legal again.  
  Those who risk nothing will get nothing as a reward but those who risk it all will live free.   Talk at ya'll later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dont have any of the extra items on my weapons just to keep them legal, but can you have the parts as parts so you can put them on when the ban goes away?
View Quote

The BATF says you can't, as I interpret the regulations. here is what they say:

Semiautomatic assault weapons in knockdown (disassembled) condition consisting of a receiver and all parts needed to assemble a complete semiautomatic assault weapon are subject to regulation if the parts are segregated or packaged together and held by a person as the parts for the assembly of a particular firearm. [18 U. S. C. 921( a)( 30)]

SOURCE:http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm

I suppose it's all in the interpretation, but that's what worries me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The BATF says you can't, as I interpret the regulations. here is what they say:

Semiautomatic assault weapons in knockdown (disassembled) condition consisting of a receiver and all parts needed to assemble a complete semiautomatic assault weapon are subject to regulation if the parts are segregated or packaged together and held by a person as the parts for the assembly of a particular firearm. [18 U. S. C. 921( a)( 30)]

SOURCE:http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm

I suppose it's all in the interpretation, but that's what worries me.
View Quote

That is real bullshit! They are extremely  over stepping their bounds set by our forfathers. They can't interprete shit! That's for the supreme court. besides that, I do believe the original ban has no mention of possession of parts, how can you interprete what's not there!

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH BATF!!!!!!![pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, if you think that's bad think  about this.  If you have an AR-15, an M-16 fire control group and a drill template(to drill the hole for the 3rd. pin.) you can get busted for having an unregistered machinegun.  Now isn't that a load of bull.   I've even heard of ATF taking a normal semi-auto AR and feeding it with ammo that had super sensitive primes and getting it to double, then they would charge the owner with possession of an unregistered machingun because their crappy ammo made the gun fire two shots with one pull of the trigger. I could go on and on but you get the idea.  If they want to bust you they will, one way or another.  Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
What if one has both pre-ban and post ban ARs with say several extra pre-ban uppers laying around? Can the government prosicute by saying that the pre-ban uppers are illegal to have because I also have a post-ban AR in safe? That's the scary part.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess if they were really hard up for a case they could make one against you.  All you need to have is the means to make an illegal weapon without necessarly making one.  
 I sometimes wish I could get all the gun owners together to chip in and buy an island somewhere so we could start our own country with the Constitution as our basis in law.  Oh, that's right, our founding fathers did that 225 years ago.  Well, I wish I knew what the hell has happened since then to screw up this country so badly.   Someday it'll be a free country again, just keep saying that to my self, it'll be free again, someday. Talk to ya'll later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#18]
The BATFE will have nothing to misinterpret if we all do our part!

Click here...

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=203989&w=myTopicPop]The Essential "End the AW Ban" Contact List & Sample Letter Thread[/url] , and help banish the AW ban into the realm of bad memories!!!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top