Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2003 10:24:38 PM EDT
Trying to find opinions on a recommended lower for a .50 beowulf.  Just purchased one and now looking to see what others recommend.  Also, and built up .50's.  Pics?
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm using a Bushmaster, but have bought a stripped DPMS lower that I may use in the future.  I don't think it makes any difference.  Any quality lower should work with the Beowulf.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I just used a DMPS stainless steel (black Tefloned of course) lower for my build of a .458 SOCOM.  The extra pound of weight the SS offers is going to be appreciated later on.  Matches the DPMS upper used for the build perfectly also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#3]
My Beowulf is on a Mega Gator model with the muti-caliber designation. The lower assembled easily and looks great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine used a Rock River lower for his .50 Beo...  it was a very tight fit to the upper, which I would suspect is good.  Any play with that much recoil seems to be asking for trouble.

Scot
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If you wanna get your freak on, Oly makes a titanium lower...what the hell, it's only money.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster.

ETA:
I personally would not use a collapsible stock, as every little bit of recoil spring will help reduce wear.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm using a RRA lower on mine.  Fits well.  IIRC RRA makes the upper that Alexander Arms uses.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, a lot of responses with different lowers.  looks like all manufactures, just about, were covered.  I was looking at the RRA with the NM trigger, not sure if it would be helpful with the .50 or not.  Money is not a problem....to a certain degree... but would like somehting nice and going to hold up to the punch.  what are you all using?  I was considering the aimpoint
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wow, a lot of responses with different lowers.  looks like all manufactures, just about, were covered.  I was looking at the RRA with the NM trigger, not sure if it would be helpful with the .50 or not.  Money is not a problem....to a certain degree... but would like somehting nice and going to hold up to the punch.  what are you all using?  I was considering the aimpoint
View Quote

I want to add a RRA match trigger too.  I've polished mine up and bent the trigger and hammer springs a bit to lighten the pull some and make it smoother.  I'm using a Cabelas Pine Ridge shotgun slug scope on a cheap riser.  I'm going to add an EOTech eventually.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top