Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 2:21:29 PM EDT
Why won't Orlites fit in Bushmasters? I've tried a couple BM's with Orlites...the mag fits in the well, but falls right out....My Orlites fit in all my other guns....what's up with that?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The dust fence on the orlites is just ever so slightly high compared to the magwell.  I had one bushmaster that worked fine with orlites, and one that did not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to give my Orlites a good slap; they don't lock in with a gentle push like the USGI mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Niether Bushie, nor Rock River, wehich is even worse, chamfer the bottom of the mag well as deeply as Colt, so you have to thin down the overinsertion protection rib on the sides of both Orlite and, to a lesser extent, Thermolds.

Once that rib is thinned out, the mags work fine. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I am actually looking into buying some Orlite magazines in which I have found a killer deal on.  Are they hard to file down to make fit in a bushy?

Also, being that I've never dealt with Orlite mags, are they reliable, and Drop free, like the GI mags?

Thanks

Kev
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am actually looking into buying some Orlite magazines in which I have found a killer deal on.  Are they hard to file down to make fit in a bushy?

Also, being that I've never dealt with Orlite mags, are they reliable, and Drop free, like the GI mags?

Thanks

Kev
View Quote

They don't drop free from my Olympic, they are tight in the mag well. As far as reliable well they've fed everything reliably execpt the burnaul 62grHP. Wolf 62FMJ no problem, wolf 55grFMJ no problem, BH 68gr BTHP only one mag had a problem than i cleaned it and it's been ok since. IMI M855 green tip and IMI M855S(this is some nice ass ammo by the way) no problems. south african stuff, no problem. Not saying the ones you get won't have problems but with the exception of 1 type of ammo they work great for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top