Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 1:54:27 PM EDT
Please give me a link to the 15 minute trigger job.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Next room over:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=168257[/url]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm gona to try it.Has anyone else done this? What were your results?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried it for about 10 years.  Never gave me a problem. ;-)

[url]http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm[/url]

and at

[url]http://www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html[/url]

Follow the instructions exactly.  If not, you did not do the "15 Minute Practical Trigger Job for the AR15".  Many guys will say, "I followed the instructions, except I...."  Then they did not follow instructions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#4]
First off, please forgive me if these questions sound stupid, but I'd rather do the right thing and sound stupid than do a wrong thing. Free Man mentions using polishing compound on the fire control parts. What polishing compound is he talking about? What is it and where can you buy it? Is it the same stuff you use on car paint?

Also, I hear people use the term "sear" also. Is this the same part as the disconnector?

Thanks in advance for the info, jason
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
It's easy, be patient and keep the surfaces clean and lubed with a quality product. It's not a match trigger nor do I think it's intended to be but it's much better than the stock trigger I had in my BM. Others have fired it and like it.
Good luck with your project.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The sear would be the front part of the trigger that interfaces with the hammer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I did it anf followed the instructions exactly.  It was easy and the trigger is no longer a factor in accuracy. Once the crosshairs are on, I don't even think about the trigger anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had good results from the reduced power spring kits from brownells. I have two of them. It's about the same thing....cost about $ 7.00.....anybody else?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First off, please forgive me if these questions sound stupid, but I'd rather do the right thing and sound stupid than do a wrong thing. Free Man mentions using polishing compound on the fire control parts. What polishing compound is he talking about? What is it and where can you buy it? Is it the same stuff you use on car paint?

Also, I hear people use the term "sear" also. Is this the same part as the disconnector?

Thanks in advance for the info, jason
View Quote

Not the same as car polishing compound, but ya get some "tool" polishing compound at the auto-parts store or just pick up some "Flitz" at the gun store, it'll work....., used it on mine.

As to sear, see item 23 here, [img]http://www.ar15.com/content/parts/lower.gif[/img], located on the AR15.com "Homepage", lower left menu area....., here:[url]http://www.ar15.com/content/parts/lower.html[/url]

Believe the sear comes into play in FA/3 round burst/select fire type weapons not semi-autos although I may be wrong, but what's described above (in Fruit-of-the-Looms' post) as sear is actually the disconnector. Notice in pic above there are 2 types of disconnectors, believe one is semi-auto only and other works w/ sear in FA or 3 round burst type M16s.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Mike
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Flitz will work fine.  

Also some Dupont #7, yes, what is used for compounding an automotive paint job.

The Kit Scratch Out is a polish for plexiglass, motorbike helmet faceshields, etc.  It comes in a yellow bottle and is found in automotive parts stores.

Sear, for a semi auto AR15, would refer to contact surfaces of the front of the trigger and the lower part of the hammer.  

An AUTOSEAR is a separate device found on M-16's to enable full auto or burst fire.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#12]
A Free Man I have been waiting to find you. On your trigger job, the picture you show of the trigger spring shows just one leg being bent in 2 places 25 degrees. Is that right or do you bend both legs 25 degress? Also,if the spring is laying flat, do you bend the legs up or towards the other leg. Thank you for your response like I said I have been searching for you to ask these questions.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]
TTT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top