Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2003 6:56:16 PM EDT
Just having read the Crane-NSWC draft ORD for the SOF Combat Assault Rifle - Light (SCAR-L) and after picking up the Propagandablatt on the XM-8 at the HK stand at this week's Infantry Conference, I couldn't help but connect the dots.

Does anyone else smell a potential rat here or am I just paranoid?

If you want to read the Draft go to NSWC-Crane's solicitation page and click on market surveys.  Then click on the 5.56mm rifle requirement.  You'll need Adobe Acrobat to read the draft.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://world.guns.ru/assault/xm8draw.jpg[/img]

Well, its different. Now the question is will anyone make it for us civilians.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They do right now. its basicly a black SL-8 with a retractable stock and mag adapter.
    FREE

Quoted:
[url]http://world.guns.ru/assault/xm8draw.jpg[/url]

Well, its different. Now the question is will anyone make it for us civilians.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Mach,

I tend to agree with you but hope it would not be the case.  I like the SCAR to be an American product with strong M16 background. but I think the better product with the lowest price will usually win so to whom ever is going to get this project in the future, kudos to them.

AS far as the XM8, you can just imagine a independ stock and trigger group assembly with all the receiver assembly you can apply.  7.62x51 to 6.8mm to 7.62x39 would be able to fit on to the gun.  the independ receiver can have various barrel length also.  Seeing how a G36 barrel comes apart, it is simple with the proper tool.  it is not a field level change out, but any base camp with a receiver vise and a take down tool can accomplish the task.  so far I am agreeing with you the XM8 looks to be the most promising.  especially with HK building a plant in Georgia.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top