Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 10:18:01 PM EDT
I have been hunting with this friend of mine a few times, so I know he is into guns a little.  I go up to his place a few months ago to sight in our rifles, and I bring along an AR.  It is a BM 16" M4 flat top with an Eotech.  It is a blast to shoot; I like to think of it as my missionary rifle.  I do not really like the Eotech myself, but I keep it just because every newby who shoots it gets hooked on ARs.  After getting the shit kicked out of us by our hunting rifles, that M4 is just a pleasure to shoot and is dead accurate.  He is hooked.  He runs out the next day and buys a used 16" Bushmaster.

They are always telling me at church that great blessing will come to those who spread the gospel.  

Anyway, he calls me up the next day and wants to know how I got the scope on there.  It turns out he bought a rifle with a carry handle.  I have a spare flat top reciever lying around, so I offer to switch them out for him.  I was going to put an M16 barrel (with permanent brake) I have on the flat top, but I thought it would kind of cool to build a (semi) M16A2 with his carry handle receiver.

He brought his rifle to me yesterday, and it is an A1 instead of an A2.  I did not even think of that.  That wrecks my M16A2 plan.  Where are all the blessings?    I've never had an A1 before, and am not sure what I should do with it.

Anybody have any suggestions on what would be a good barrel for this A1?  I'm thinking maybe a 16" with mid-length handguards.

Amen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Good work Bro. Imposter!

Where do you guys shoot in UT? SLC area? Skull Valley? I am looking to take a trip over there to visit my parents, and would like to take old pop out shootin'.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
new2ars:

I am actually a few hours from SLC.  I'd suggest you try the Rocky Mountain States forum on this board ([url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=37[/url]), but it is pretty inactive.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top