Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 7:25:58 PM EDT

I posted a couple of weeks ago with an ejection problem.  But now I have a little more info on what is happening afer my range trip today.

Every 10 rounds or so my AR has an extract/eject problem.  It is always one of 2 situations.  These 2 problems have happened with 3 brands of ammo, and with both Thermold and USGI mags.  I have also tried 2 bolt carrier groups.

Problems:
#1 The ejector breaks a piece of the rim off and the case is stuck in the chamber.  A light tap with a cleaning rod down the barrel removes the case.

#2 SEE PICTURE.  A case is stuck in the ejection port with case mouth pointing outward, and at the same time a new cartridge is feed most of the way into the chamber. If you look at the pic you will see the fired case and a the next cartridge behind it almost chambered (But of course the fired case keeps the bolt from closing).

Could I have a rough chamber?  How does one fix this?

Could it be that I am firing 5.56 and have not tried .223?

Also, it is a used upper.

I appreciate any help.

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a rough chamber... bust out the dremel and flitz!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a dremel, but how is the best way to get up in the chamber?  what kind of bit to use?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it does sound like a rough/bad chamber. What brand of barrel is it? Just out of curiosity, have you ever checked headspace?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
no barrel brand visible.

No, I have not checked headspace.  Would a spent case give me an idea of bad headspacing?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top