Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
Whoa, I just noticed these...they look pretty cool, but what exactly are they? Tell me all you can about them please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There's not a whole lot to say because they are not available yet. We have been waiting for them to be released for more then 2 years now. It will be much like an Aimpoint, except it will not rely on batteries. It will be powered by fiber optics and tritium, just like a Reflex. However, it will not have the problem of washing out in some lighting conditions like the Reflex because it will have a battery back up. This is the good news. The bad news is Trijicon seems to be having a lot of trouble with it because they are forever pushing back its release date. To my knowledge it doestn even have a release date yet. I wouldnt be waiting for it to come out. Some seem to think it may never come out...
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/trijicon/trijtri.html[/url]

looks like they're avaliable here
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I dare you to call and order one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget that is was renamed TRY-POWER a few days ago. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
huh? i'm lost...
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They are not now, nor have they ever been for sale.  Trijicon has held them back for various reasons, usually citing war-time production of ACOG scopes and wanting to refine the design.

The initial reviews of the pre-production samples they sent out were VERY mixed.

Its been listed for sale on various websites for a long time, but no one has them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting,these are in Brownell's new catalog also!   Oh well,I love my Eotech and aimpoint!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I can see Brownells putting it in their catalog in hopes it will be available this year but why would SWFA just start putting it in their SGN ads?Isn't that a waist of space that could have been used for something else?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Trijicon has told folks many times that the Try-Power would be shipping to retailers by a specific date. While I cant say for sure why some people have them listed in their ads and catalogs, I would bet they did so based on a set release date Trijicon gave and then failed to come through on. One way or the next, it doesnt really matter, because in the end you cant get them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
i currently have one on my shrike.[;D]

for real..i can't believe those aren't out yet.  companies need to stop advertising stuff until the product testing/manufacturing is near completion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I would rather them delay the selling of these things and do them right. Because they sound like the perfect optic.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top