Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2003 9:22:50 AM EDT
For anyone that collects all things AR/M16, this was a pretty good find:

The M16 is from the "Russel" Vietnam figure made by Dragon Models.  The company (Toy Anxiety) was at the Phoenix Gun Show (Sept. 6-7) and said they take some of the sets apart so you can buy just the parts.  That's why the gun was $4.99.  
Toy Anxiety
10210 N. 32nd St. - Suite #3B
Phoenix, AZ  85028
(602) 308-0292
www.toyanxiety.com
[email protected]

-TriggerFish
Tell 'em you heard about it because they had a table at a GUN SHOW.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#1]
They're cool! I have the M4, it has a telescoping CAR stock, with removable magazine, and carry handle.[8D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Do any of the features work - like the ejection port door, trigger, etc...?  Do you have to hit the mag release to pull the mag out?  Are there tiny roll marks?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
TF, you rock....

Anyone care to guess my latest wallpaper?

Sweet...

And I am ordering a few, and I will tell them.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahh great, see what you made me go and do. [:D]

I just put my order in for the M4, M16, and Glock; they look pretty cool.  It's nice to be able to step back from time to time and be a kid again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
AK_Mike: it comes with 3 20 rnd. w/simulated ammo (non removable) & the mags can be inserted and removed from the rifle.  Sling is elastic and not removable, but looks good.  The molding is great, you can easily see the auto sear hole, but no roll markings.  The FA notches are visible on the carrier and it has the teardrop button.

Thanks CavVet, glad to help.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Also try [url]www.monkeydepot.com[/url]

they have a HUGE collection of loose parts/gun/bombs etc etc...
I use these guys for the collection all the time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Tfish, thanks for the info.  I have an affinity for miniatures.  I have watched the resurgence of all the GIJOE type stuff with interest.  The detail on the equipment is just incredible for much of it!  They even have the latest gear in many cases, stuff I don't even have!  I started to buy it all, but they came out with just too much cool stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Before I could afford my first, I picked up a lot of that stuff. Then I realized I could afford the rifle if I stopped buying the toys.
Having said that.
The detail is really good on some of the pieces. I have the M4/masterkey combo that I always wanted that way. The scale on the 870 is off a little, but the slide and trigger work. The trigger and charging handle work. The dust cover is moveable, and the mag is removable.
For those that are interested Dragon models has an AR-15/M-16 1/35 scale model kit that includes many many variations of the rifle throughout it's history. It is a little dated in that I don't recall it having the M4 series, but it did have the commandos. I believe it was released in the early 90s. The detail is good, and if you're good at painting, it can make for a neat display. Most hobby shops should be able to put it in your hands for less than 10 bux.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it okay to buy 1/6th scale MARPAT?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
DAMN ,I went over there and they are sold out .
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it okay to buy 1/6th scale MARPAT?
View Quote

[ROFL]
I can see it now, Ken doll wearing 1/6th MARPAT: "He's not a real Marine action figure... Take it off"
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I just went to the sight and ordered two of my favorites that I will probably never get the chance to own. The M-60 and the BAR. I'll post when they arrive.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Makes me sad that the real SR-25 mags aren't 50 cents and I can't buy a Barrett for $10.95
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top