Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 3:57:10 AM EDT
I tried the search but did not find anything. Saw a reference on another site that these were / are made in Canada. Can anyone provide details? It is an A1E3. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that is Diemaco / Kaiser.
Canadian
It is A  configuration ? correct.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#2]
No, the "DK's" are not Diemaco (we've been through this a few times). There are a few of them around though, I have one, and I sold one, and CMMG had one on the EE recently.
The reference your looking for is [url=www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers]Bigger Hammer[/url][smash], but this list is very much out of date. Bigger Hammer lists the DK as Bushmaster, but the finish detailing is too poor for a BM ( the rough seam inside the carry handle, ect.).
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link, I knew I had seen it but forgot where. So, this should be a BM upper. A1 sights, tear drop FA and brass deflector. No rough seam. Looks a bit purple against my Colt lower.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Well this Ranger at McDonald's told me.....nevermind.[:p] I got it Troy and others, thanks for the input. Sorry to have dragged the dead horse back in here. The upper works, that all that matters to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...Except for the early Colt uppers (when they were the only company making them).....

-Troy
View Quote

Troy, do you know if there were some early A1 uppers and barrels that have no markings on them at all?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Not, to dispute what Troy has to say, but I called Colt's customer service to ask them about the markings.  The guy I spoke to was only a customer service rep.  He did say that there was a note in the computer that said rifles with bolt carriers made prior to 1973, and non-chrome lined barrels made prior to 1965 were not necessarily marked at all.  He also said the rifles with non-forward assist A1 uppers had the same note that they were not necessarily marked.  He told me that if the parts aren't marked, there is no way to say for sure that they are indeed Colt, but according to his computer it is possible that they are Colt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top