Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2003 6:18:57 PM EDT
I just saw a pic of it in the current SGN. Anyone handle one or have one on their rifles? They come in carbine, mid length and rifle length and mount to the flat top of the reciever and dovetailed front sight block while still giving you your regular iron sights.

I couldnt find it on their site, which kinda sucks BTW.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the same add.  It does look kinda special, need more input on it tho.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a chance to handle them at RRA.  Includes A2 front and rear sights and a M1913 elevated rail between them.  As indicated, it mounts to the A4 upper receiver and the front Weaver-style gass block.  It bridges over the handguards, and while I didn't try it, I'm told it will clear the M/R4 handguards.  
I'm putting one on my mid-length 9mm, and will certainly let you know what I think once I have had a chance to use it.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SorryOciffer
View Quote

i think its at [url]http://www.adcofirearms.com/rockriver/rockriver.cfm?page=rra&CFID=120033&CFTOKEN=30346269[/url]
but its backordered[:(]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT.

I really like the look of it and hope it works as well as it looks.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's a scan from their latest catalog:

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/058293-big.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn you engineer!, now I want one more! I think that will serve me better than a SIR or RAS. I like it's pure simplicity.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
The adco link is their new scout rail, I have not handled one, but saw it in their new catalog.  The extended FTM officer is asking about was displayed on 3 rifles at the SHOT show.  Looked kinda cool.  It is my understanding a version without sights, just a long weaver rail tieing to the gas block may also be available upon inquiry.  The gas block height would become critical in this situation, otherwise the bolt slot location would be wrong.  You may have to have their gas block for it to work correctly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The adco link is their new scout rail, I have not handled one, but saw it in their new catalog.  The extended FTM officer is asking about was displayed on 3 rifles at the SHOT show.  
View Quote

YES it is on the link; about half way up the page[;)]. its the same thing thats in Engineers pic, comes in car, mid and full length.  but you're right they have the scout rail on there too!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top