Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2003 10:39:41 AM EDT
Does anyone know where, if at all, I can find a tutorial to cleaning my AR.  I just got my first and got a can of CLP and am ready to clean it.  I realize that I can use my manual or online manuals to break it down but from there I would like to see what the best method to clean is.  You know, like where to apply CLP, how much, which areas get more dirtier than other, etc.  Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You should've gotten a manual with your AR. If you can't find the info, you're looking for, then get the [url=http://www.ar15.com/content/books/TM9-1005-319-10.pdf]TM 9-1005-319-10[/url] service manual. It'll tell you exactly which parts need lots of lube, and which ones need only a little. After you've done it once or twice, you'll never look at it again.

Didn't you ask me about SAR-1's recently ? And now already you've got an AR ? The dark side is strong with you, my young apprentice....[}:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
get a military manual on the AR from online or any army/navy store should have one. Otherwise the do a search called Cleaning the AR15, something is bound to show up.

A neat lil publication that i have is an old comic book operation and preventive maintance on M16A1 (all ARs would still fall into this) i picked up at Cheaper Than DIrt part number #ARR-505 (if its not CTD, than it was SPortsmans guide, not sure which one)

It tells ya exactly how to clean it and exactly where to put lube, its small publication that i keep in my AR case. its dated 1969
S A Pam 750-30 is the acutual military publication number.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You can download the -10 from this site's home page (www.AR15.com) look in the book section.

You can see an online primer (photos & description) here: [url]http://www.fl-ar15.com/cleaning.htm[/url].  Note the images & text were taken from a US Army training CD.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top