Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2003 9:00:05 PM EDT
Ive been working some serious OT at work to have some "me" money, and I think I have decided it's time to own another AR15, and this time a legall one (don't ask). I have narrowed my decision down to two makers, RRA and Bushmaster. I know I want an M4 type 16incher. For starting out (i.e. NOOB) which would be a better choice? Im sure im opening a can of worms by that simple question. I know both are good, just wanting to make sure im getting a good first AR15.  Thanx
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't believe this has made it to the second page without a response! [:)]
RRA vs Bushmaster.  Never owned a bushmaster and my current AR15 is a RRA/DPMS (upper/lower respectively), but if I had gone with a complete rifle it would have been the RRA.  Slightly less expensive and I like their offering better than Bushmaster.  Personal preference of course.  I'm pretty sure you will get the general answer that you can't go wrong with either manufacturer.  These guys both put out great products and both have a dedicated following.  Pick wichever has a rifle closer to the exact configuration you want and fits your price range.

Oh yeah, if you want to save a few bucks, check out the EE and consider buying the upper and lower sperately, you should save a few bucks.  On the other hand, if you want an already tricked out M4 check out [url]www.onpointfirearms.com[/url]  RRA or Busmaster M4 with Aimpoint and mounts, Arms40 BUIS, CQB 3 point sling, 10 rd and 30 rd mag, all for $1275.  They also have great prices on the rifle by itself.  Definately check them out.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You could get a BM lower and a RRA upper; it makes no difference.

Buy what is on sale. My M4 is a RRA.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#4]
My recommendation would be to go with the RRA.  Their quality is on par with Bushmaster and the prices are better.  My next build will be a RRA because I've been very impressed with everything I've seen from them lately and they have some cool stuff coming like chrome-lined mid-length barrels.  
As far as looking at places like On Point Firearms, that's fine but there are numerous RRA dealers on this site that have awesome reputations, great prices, contribute regularly and will work with you one on one to ensure you get the configuration you want up front.  I'm sure On Point will do the same but I don't believe they are a dealer here.  Check these guys out:

[url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url]
[url]www.ar15sales.com[/url]
[email][email protected][/email]

I'm sure I left a few off and someone will probably want to add a few more but all of the above are paying dealers and it makes more sense to support them first.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanx for the reply's everyone. I have looke donline at several e-stores, but looking at local dealer for the fact they offer lay-a-way.  :) I have the money but not all at once. Heheheh
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top