Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 8:15:29 PM EDT
is it better to get the eotech and put it on a flat-top with a front post sight or witha filp-up front sight?  What is the best mount as far as co-witnessing goes
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The standard Eotech mount puts the sight in the perfect spot to co-witness with the standard front sight.  Get a #40 for the back, and you're good to go.  

If the flip up is the same height as the standard front sight, then it should work too.  It's up to you whether or not you want to go the gas block/removable sight route, but you don't have to, to co-witness with an Eotech.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I wrestled with this when I bought mine.  I went with the #40 and kept my fixed front sight post.  Doesn't cause you any problems at all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Eotech on a flat-top RRA. ARMS 40A in the rear, standard sight post up front. Works great for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top