Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 8:19:46 PM EDT
Who makes a good affordable foregrip with an internal storage compartment? I'm looking for the "broom-handle" type, and not the Fingergroove kind.
Got any websites?
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can get the Falcon Industries grip from any Cav Arms Dealer. I think it's one of the only ones with an water-tight storage compartment.
View Quote

Garry, that is an incorrect statement, the Tango Down forward grip is also water tight to 200ft, some thing Falcon industry grip can't claim.

The TD grip is the best grip I have ever laid my hands on.

[img]http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/TD/TDFG002.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
How much does that TD grip cost, and where can I find one.  Certainly looks nice.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Garry,

The TD vertical grip uses spring loaded  locking bars.  They should go on and off rather easily and be secure enough for muzzle strikes if needed!  

VperEH,

The D vertical grip will retail for about $60 and should be available for the public in sometime this month.

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies....keep them coming.
Does anyone have any links to sites i could order these grips from?
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
gg&gaz.com makes a vertical foregrip with hollow storage which is also waterproof. This grip secures to rails via a threaded stud which clamps the grip to your accessory rails. It is a nice unit, but sometimes comes loose if it is not clamped down very tightly.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I sure like my Dieter.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I stand corrected, but lets be fair..I said "I think".
View Quote

Garry, it was late and I forgot to use the smile face after my smart ass comment, sorry.

Quoted:
I haven't tested how much pressure it will withstand, but I'll find out (it's an injection molded piece with that seals when closed, so I can't see why it wouldn't take 200.)
View Quote

It actually has to fulfill the Crane requirement so it is well tested.  the cavity can also carry a M16 bolt and firing pin or two CR123 batteries and an Aimpoint battery. or if the user remove the tatter line you can fit three CR123 in it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Chen,
  I have the S.I.R. 45 and was told that the TD forward grip would need to me modified to fit the S.I.R. system.   Is this true?
  I have the Tango Down pistol grip and I really like it and I was looking forward to getting either the TD or the Dieter forward grip.
Thanks...
JD

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have a link for the purchase of a Tango Down vertical grip? Please?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:26:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
OOHHH!!!

I do like the looks of the TangoDown vfg!!!

I would love to get my hands on one when the become available.

For now, I just ordered the Advanced Armament rail and vfg.  It's not real heavy-duty, but it will do for what I will use this carbine for.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chen,
  I have the S.I.R. 45 and was told that the TD forward grip would need to me modified to fit the S.I.R. system.   Is this true?
View Quote

JD,

Somehow the SIR rails are not 1913 std, the reason I don't know but the TD forward grip is cut to the 1913 std and it will have some very minor fitting problem.  I am going to measure it against my SIR and see what needs to be do be done.  There is also a possibility TD will produce a high quality rail replacement that is the 1913 std for the SIR for a low price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I sure like my Dieter.

Semper Fi
View Quote

I'm with ya on that! I love my Dieter too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sure like my Dieter.

Semper Fi
View Quote

I'm with ya on that! I love my Dieter too.
View Quote

Gotta add another vote for the Dieter!  Great grip.

[img]http://mstn.biz/images/Grips%20and%20Stocks/CQD%20grip-back.gif[/img]

Available at [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url]

E-95
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I really like the Dieter to but I wish it was throw lever or another way to take it on and off quickly
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#18]
SMGLEE where did you get the light and mount?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#19]
SMGLEE where did you get the light and mount set up? Sweet!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top