Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2003 12:21:11 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy a green label colt lower. It has a large front pin.  The question is, if I want to buy a new 7.5in upper for it (NFA)  will the upper work, or will I need a small pin converter?  In other words, are the newer uppers small pin, or do they come in both small and large pin?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
To my knowledge, all current uppers are small pin, so you'll need an adapter.  The best one out there is sold by CDNN [url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Most uppers nowadays are small pin. I'm trying to find a big hole upper for my SP1. I can't believe more companies don't make them.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I just unbarreled a Colt A2 large pin upper today and replaced it with a RRA small pin flat top.  It is unused, except for test firing as far as I can tell.  I got it as part of a larger trade. I was planning on selling it with the original cut bolt carrier group which also appears unused.  I don't know what the value is, but I'll sell it at a fair price.  It's of no use to me.

Jim

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top