Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2003 4:57:18 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been asked 5 million times, but here goes anyways.

I'm looking for a good quality big hole upper for my pre-ban sp1. The adapter just plain sucks. After a few mags you have to tighten it again, which is rediculous for a $1500 weapon.

16" with A3 carry handle, A2 flash suppressor, and M4 hand guards would be nice :)

(edit: fixed the subject :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt did make some big hole uppers, but they're kind of hard to find in A2 or A3 configuration; and they can make your $1500 rifle into a $2000 number.  I'd haunt the gun shows, if you have any in your area, or keep an eye out on the sale board of this site.

In the meantime, get the adaptor pin that CDNN sells. [url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url] It's worlds better than the POS all the others are selling. Stays in place and doesn't loosen from repeated opening/closing the action.  I started recommending it over a year ago, and everyone who has gotten one, and posted, had good things to say aboutit[:D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't take it either.  So I scored a Colt 6700 large hole A3 upper and had MSTN build me an M4gery out of it.  Lucky me, they are generally old Colt gray, matching my 6520 gray lower.  Now I can just use a push pin.  Worth it?  Well, it was to me, but that push pin solution sure did cost me.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15632[/img]

Edited to say: Okay, not a perfect match, but closer than the dark gray or SOCOMM black...
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#3]
AK_Mike,

Nice piece, where did you get the 6700 from? Colt directly?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AK_Mike,

Nice piece, where did you get the 6700 from? Colt directly?
View Quote

Nope, I got it on the EE board from Bilbo! [snoopy]

Thanks Bilbo, it turned out real nice.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top