Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 3:51:23 PM EDT
What are the advantages/disadvantages (if any) of the KAC RAS-II?  The only advantage I can see is the easy installation but I wonder if the little "hump" that connects the upper and handguards gets annoying.  Can anyone who either has one of these or has used one tell me what they think?  Thanks in advance for the input.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It is among the best free floating handgaurd systems you can get. IT has several excellent advantages to it, one of them being the hump you reffered to. That acts as a bridge between your upper and your handgaurds. This bridge is an excellent place to mount an Aimpoint. Of, if you are using and ACOG, the bridge leaves enough room on your flat top to mount the ACOG at its propper and intended hight. I would not hesitate in the slightest recomending one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly what New-arguy said!  The system is far easier to manipulate than other bbl. nut mounted FF tubes in that it is quick to remove for cleaning if needed.  Of course this is only one great aspect of the system.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the one I've chosen due to the positives and lack of negatives...

What's NOT to like?  It freefloats the barrel, it still allows for M203 mounting, it makes a perfect spot for an M2 or ML2 Aimpoint, etc.

:)
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it is REALLY great.........unless you like the EoTech holosight, and want to put the sight where the hump is.

All the same, I want one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top